Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pdman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3611.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Have an opportunity to pickup a free cleopatra. I know, I know, FREE pinball, just take it right? Well no, I am currently maxed out on space and would have to turn over a borrowed machine in order to fit this. I am not sure if it is worth the trouble really. Playfield needs patch/touchup and probably a clearcoat to keep it nice. Machine isnt all that interesting, but I would like a SS/EM hybrid at some point (have been looking for a good joker poker).

Any opinions on gameplay, ease of work that needs to be done, etc. Convince me to grab it and not part it or toss it (yikes). Backglass is worth saving for sure if anything.

Pics otw.

IMG_3611.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Pic 2

IMG_3607.JPG

#3 6 years ago

Pic 3

IMG_3605.JPG

#4 6 years ago

Pic 4

IMG_3608.JPG

#5 6 years ago

Pic 5

IMG_3606.JPG

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Its in much better condition that most Cleo's. Definitely worth saving and getting a Pascal P1-X4 board for it. Give you a better attract mode, high score saving, a skill shot and more!

THIS is the kind of info I am looking for. Thank you. I am still mulling it over, but I most likely will give it a go. Its a pretty basic playfield so I feel pretty comfortable stripping the whole thing for a touch up and clearcoat.

I will keep you other guys in mind if anything changes.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Take it and ill buy it from you, I would love one of these. Bring it into my class when we study cleopatra and Egypt I'm sure the kids would love that! And I am being serious let me know price as is and then you don't have to move anything!

Didnt realize who you were. If you wanna work out a deal +cash for the mario I may be listening.

#19 6 years ago

benepinballs? WHAAAAT??? I know I was first to ask for it. Bogus.

#22 6 years ago

You indiana guys are killing me with all the finds. I knew of another guy who found a marilyn taxi out there for $700...

1 month later
#27 6 years ago

Getting psyched to start this. Shooting for next week to get it in the "shop".

Any tips for tear down from any System 1 owners?

Playfield is going out for touch up and clearcoat, going to stencil and then re-paint whole cabinet.

SO PUMPED!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Picked up a non working Cleopatra SS for $250. (was better looking then OP.) Cleaned up nice ,needed back box paint , new rubber , and LED's. Because of System 1 rep.I replaced all 3- boards. Spent a month trying to get it to work . Find out Ni-wumph had a batch of bad boards . Installed replacement board and now the Led's don't light correct ( anyone else have this problem ? ). Put 44's back in - OK . By this time I'm sick and tired of sys.1. Takes a month to sell on CL , have to almost beg someone to take it at $500. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !

Alright, now this guy has got me a little scared. I priced out a touch up and clearcoat (my estimate) of the playfield, all new posts, rubber, etc, the Pascal board, etc, and I came to around $1000. If I cant get what I put into it I dont think I want to put all that money into it.

May be reconsidering and just trying to touch up and clear myself to save money, but whats that gonna save? Havent gotten a quote yet, guess I should do that first. I gotta clear though, this game is already beat and the inserts dont look to be level at all.

I was HOPING after I repainted the cab, made the machine better then new that I would squeak out a little over $1000 so I could recoup once I was sick of the game. This guys got me rethinking though. Geez.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Try to get one person to admit they would give you $1000. when your done ! That's the true test .

Kinda what I am doing here pal...lol

2 weeks later
#36 6 years ago

Well, its worse then I thought. Looks like one of the kick out coils locked up when the machine was on and it started a fire under the playfield. There is fire extinguisher residue underneath as well as char. They cut the hell out of the harness in this area as well as in a few other spots as you will see in the pics below. Pretty bummed right now. Would need to aquire a beat up cleo to get all the parts I am going to need. Also doesnt help another pin just got offered to me that I may pick up instead of putting money into this.

Tsskinne, if you are still interested we can talk. Or this may just end up being my coffee table project I have always wanted to do. Just get the GI lit up and call it a day. Hang the back glass up on my wall....

See below.

IMG_3919.JPG

#37 6 years ago

More

IMG_3920.JPG

#38 6 years ago

More

IMG_3921.JPG

#39 6 years ago

More

IMG_3922.JPG

4 months later
#42 5 years ago

Any one have a copy of the manual they can share? Need the wiring schematic specifically, but the whole thing would be nice. Let me know, thanks!

#44 5 years ago

Ya, I know. I really WANT to save it, but I really just dont have the time or space right now. I would have to remove a perfectly good working machine from my collection and put it in storage to be able to have this readily available for me to work on a regular basis.

I have a guy at my office thats wanted a machine for a while, I may have sold him on fixing this one up. He was asking for the manual and schematic since the harness is cut up and the transformer (as you can see) was replaced poorly.

If he doesnt take it, and I get in a pinch, Im going to just grab the populated playfield, backglass, and boards, and trash the cabinet. Playfield would make a nice light up coffee table for the game room.

#46 5 years ago

Thanks to the man who sent me the manual and then some.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think he will be taking the game home next week.

3 months later
#49 5 years ago

Shes till chillin'....actually, shes been a bit of a donor machine for a guy at the office who bought a countdown.

I ALMOST had a friend pick it up over the winter, but with all the snow we got, every weekend was gridlock and he couldnt make it.

For now, its just a donor like I said. Soon enough though, it might be parts and the rest in the trash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
$ 49.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside