• Latest reply 2 years ago by Zsuttle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211030-074808 (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

I'm having problems with a gottlieb cleopatra. About half of the insert lights are locked on. Someone has previously replaced the MPU with a Ni wumpf pcb0001 Rev C. (Around 1999 or 2000) I've already repinned the interconnect, checked a13 lamp transistors as well as all of the 74175s. When put in the lamp test, the locked on lamps pulse slightly. For whatever reason, I can't get onto Ni wumpf's website, not sure if it's down for maintainence or they're closed. If someone has either the manual or schematics for this board, it would be much appreciated.

#2 2 years ago

How's the lamp power? I think one of the bridges on the bottom board rectifies the lamp power and if was half out weird things could happen

#3 2 years ago

Screenshot_20211030-074808 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211030-074808 (resized).png

I think that 6VDC output from the bridge is lamp power

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

Unfortunately after finally getting around to looking at the board, U5 is only outputting some of the strobe lines. Originally, I believed this to GAL U5 failing, however more and more software bugs have become apparent in the last day or so.

For example, none of the drop target switches read in game, however when put into switch test, they read fine. Certain solenoids stopped working in game, but work in the test mode. I also noticed the LED flashing a single time. More than likely, I'll need to obtain a new ROM. Does anyone know where I can get either the code or the whole rom?
I'll be checking with PBR as a first step, but I'm not sure who else might stock it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cleopatra-lamp-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.