Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

While on this topic - as I have no reference - my Nip It does not "chime" when I hit the pop bumpers (lit or not lit) and even some of the other side areas where it hits and scores, but no chimes.

Should I have a chime sound when hitting those? If so, which chime bar? (or is it different if the pop's are lit or not?)

Possibly I have a chime coil bad or disconnected and not even know it

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Nick -
Just guessing, but you should have three chime bars - one each for 10, 100, 1000. These should energize whenever the score wheels turn. Find the point relay, and activate it. The player score should index and the chime should sound.
Its possible previous owner disconnected the chimes - take a close look at the chime coils and see if the power wire was lifted from the tab common to the three coils. Also, its possible there is a plug for the chime unit that is unplugged - I don't remember if Bally chimes were "modular" or not.

Aha! Billc479 to the rescue! Yes, have all 3 chimes, just wasn't getting anything out of the pops, so it could be one or two aren't working (Now that I think of it I "think" im only hearing one chime..maybe two? This will be my evening hunt tonight.

I'll report back on this one!

#6 4 years ago

Aha! Checked and it was my 10 point chime not working (among other things..lol) but found one of my slings contacts were together, so adjusted that, so it was then scoring 10 points but the chime was still not working. Turned out one of the switches needed cleaned/adjusted on the 10 point relay, so that is now working - so hearing three (3) chimes now is perfect!

Question - my "red" pop bumpers (top and bottom ones) - the top one will register 10 points & chime, but nothing when lit for the 100 points. The bottom one will not register (add points) or chime - for 10 or 100 points. They both "pop" like they should tho?? What's up there?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Check the individual relays for the pop bumpers to make sure all the contacts are clean and adjusted proper. I'm fairly sure that this vintage of Bally pins has individual relays for each popper which may even be mounted on the playfield underside.

Thanks! Another evening task to look at!

#12 4 years ago

Perfect, thanks !

#15 4 years ago

Making progress! Have the 10 point chime now working (as stated earlier) and yes the pop bumper relays are on the underside of the playfield. So cleaned/adjusted (slightly) and now I have both red pop's working as they should (scoring either 10 or 100 when the light is lit) So much better when all 3 chimes are working and the slings and the pops work.

I did notice (before I gave up on it last night late) and it's probably more on my "adjustments" - but when I hit an un-lit pop (or even a sling) it's scoring 100 points not 10. Then, after the pop's are lit - those lit will score 100, while those unlit & the slings then score 10 points as they should.

So somehow I got something backwards or out of whack! lol

And I agree - my MH (SS) and Bobby Orr (SS) have sweeter sounds than the Nip-it or Hang Glider (both EM's) - especially when first starting a game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-chimes-in-my-bally?tu=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.