Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Garrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I like Gottlieb chimes in Williams, but those Bally chimes should sound sweet too if they work correctly.

My Bally chimes in Night Rider sound awesome.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Aha! Checked and it was my 10 point chime not working (among other things..lol) but found one of my slings contacts were together, so adjusted that, so it was then scoring 10 points but the chime was still not working. Turned out one of the switches needed cleaned/adjusted on the 10 point relay, so that is now working - so hearing three (3) chimes now is perfect!
Question - my "red" pop bumpers (top and bottom ones) - the top one will register 10 points & chime, but nothing when lit for the 100 points. The bottom one will not register (add points) or chime - for 10 or 100 points. They both "pop" like they should tho?? What's up there?

Check the individual relays for the pop bumpers to make sure all the contacts are clean and adjusted proper. I'm fairly sure that this vintage of Bally pins has individual relays for each popper which may even be mounted on the playfield underside.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

The SS Bally chime bars are made out of a more substantial metal and seemed to be tuned and "ring" better.
The EM Bally chimes are aluminum I believe sound duller and not tuned nor as musical as their SS brothers.

The manuals list different winding coils which is the big difference I suspect between SS and EM Bally, I doubt the notoriously cheap manufactures would use a different assembly when there was no reason to do so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-chimes-in-my-bally?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.