Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Briehl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello friends. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions what could possibly be causing the bulb that's inside my Gottlieb Charlies Angels pinball machine top pop thumper bumper to keep blowing. I thought that maybe I got a bad batch of bulbs but after going through about 10 of them in the last couple of weeks of minimal play I just don't understand it. Would anyone know what could be causing that or is it just the cheesy bulbs the the filaments are not able to take the vibrations?

#2 6 years ago

Are they the number 44 bulbs from pinball resource? I went through about 20 of them on my game until I finally got fed up with them and put in an old ge bulb that came with the machine when I bought it. Now close to 2 months later and I'm still using old ge bulbs in my pop bumpers. The new bulbs must just be terrible quality from pbr.

#3 6 years ago

Yep you nailed it. Probably junk from China. I wonder if there are any good bulbs you can buy for this application.

#4 6 years ago

I have been looking into some leds for these. Since there are no movable parts, they should last longer. But I haven't tried any yet. Just hoping I don't run out of quality bulbs before I figure out a replacement!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-charlies-angels-machine-keeps-blowing-bulbs-in-pop-thumpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.