• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tjc02002
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all,
Does anyone know of someone that repairs the video game board stack on a Gottlieb Caveman pin.? Have determined the issue is within the board stack, but am over the constant diagnosing/repairing board set.

#2 5 years ago

I would ask Todd Tuckey at TNT amuseuents

#3 5 years ago

#5 5 years ago

We purged ourselves of all Caveman machines, working and non working cages, and even the playfields...all gone now. I couldn't sell the 7 cavemen games at the Allentown show for $150 each maybe 4-5 years back years back...so we parted them out--some electronics were missing, but there was zero interest at that time.... Now it seems people want the game again, but we have no way to repair or test anything.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the link, good info..However pretty sure the issue is within the video board set(just getting a red screen on power up).

Quoted from toddtuckey:

We purged ourselves of all Caveman machines, working and non working cages, and even the playfields...all gone now. I couldn't sell the 7 cavemen games at the Allentown show for $150 each maybe 4-5 years back years back...so we parted them out--some electronics were missing, but there was zero interest at that time.... Now it seems people want the game again, but we have no way to repair or test anything.

Todd,
Thanks for the reply/update

I will keep searching, if I find anything, will report back.
If anybody hears of someone that does repair work on these, please post.
Thanks
Aaron

#7 5 years ago

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I’m getting a white screen and I’m almost positive it’s a problem within the video board set. I will let you know if I find anything. I’m hoping the guys at flipprojets can help.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

I am kinda in the same boat as you. I’m getting a white screen and I’m almost positive it’s a problem within the video board set. I will let you know if I find anything. I’m hoping the guys at flipprojets can help.

Funny you mentioned flipprojets.com, I just messaged them about the video boards last night too. Yep, if you can't get the video portion to boot to at least attract mode, that is most likely where your issue is.

#9 5 years ago

Hello,

P.m replied !

Yes we have fixed some boards, it's possible to do it again, as we have the tools to help in diagnostic.

For the blank screen there are at least two possibilities :

- Eprom board,
- Ram Board,
- I/O board <--- This one is really the number one in out of order !

François

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from flip78:

Hello,
P.m replied !
Yes we have fixed some boards, it's possible to do it again, as we have the tools to help in diagnostic.
For the blank screen there are at least two possibilities :
- Eprom board,
- Ram Board,
- I/O board &lt;--- This one is really the number one in out of order !
François

Thanks for the reply.
Sounds great, please PM me with address for shipping, and any other info.
Thanks
Aaron

6 months later
#11 5 years ago

I had my video IO board checked out by a friend who really knows electronics and he said he thought it was fine. Then I Bought a NOS video board cage missing the IO board from Steve at pinball resource. My games working now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-caveman-video-board-repair?hl=ozpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.