Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Picked up a Gottlieb Caveman Saturday at a swap meet.
Enjoying the pin/video game hybrid so far but I am getting "ghost" 10 points added to the score as the ball shots out into the shooter lane.
If i slap the right side of the pin, 10 more points add on while the ball sits there.

Is there a list on what targets are 10 points so I can check which one is closing prematurely?

I know absolutely nothing about the Gottlieb menu system to troubleshoot the issue either so thank you in advance if you can assist.

#2 7 years ago

Put it in game mode with glass off, using a finger trigger every switch you see, any that score 10 points, see if they need adjusting.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

The easiest way to find your issue is to just pull the playfield glass and start a game. Then hit each rubber where there is a switch & each target to see which one scores with just a little tap. Put a little more space between the contacts and you should be good to go!

#4 7 years ago

On gottliebs all the 10 pt switches are in parallel so the game won't be able to tell you anything. Just look at all the rubbers

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies.
Will try it in a bit and report back.

#6 7 years ago

Update: I can't seem to locate the offending 10 points.
I think it may be around the left pop bumper. There aren't a lot of low scoring areas in the game. Can't find one of them.
I figured out how to do a switch test and got switch 73 closed but not sure how to look that up.

#7 7 years ago

It'd be in the manual if you've got one. I'd assume the only things that score 10 points are the leaf switches behind the rubbers though.

#8 7 years ago

The two leaf switches in the lower center playfield aren't registering at all when pressed and they aren't stuck closed.
They are the ones by the lettering BONUS CAVE..

Update:
Just tried to shunt them under the playfield too and nothing is registering.
The manual on page 6 just calls the 10-Point Switches 10-Point Switches..lol
Doesn't show location or how many...UGH

Any idea what to look for to see why these two don't register?

#9 7 years ago

Bump...

The phantom scoring is worse. Some times it'll run up to 40 points before I even shoot the ball.
Slapping the side of the cabinet makes it increment by 10's.
I can't find any 10 point targets in the game other than those two leafs in the lower center.
I can't find any info on the 10 point scoring values.

I watched a video of Caveman on YouTube & it looked like those two lane lights went off and on (alternated).
Both of mine stay one all the time.

Any Caveman owners out there that can assist?

Thank you.

#10 7 years ago

I just learned there are (2) leaf switches, one behind each drop target bank.
The one on the right could have been touching.

So I gapped them both turned on the pin and no more phantom 10 points!

However, these two leafs and the lower two won't score anything now.

Any Gottlieb WIZARDS able to tell me what to check now please?

Thanks!

#11 7 years ago

Update: Fixed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-caveman-scoring-10-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.