(Topic ID: 225938)

Gottlieb Caveman Issues

By CUJO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Recently, Caveman will be in middle of game, then all of a sudden the displays go blank and the speaker emits a drone sound until I turn off the game.
Wait 10 seconds, then once I turn it back on, it can play fine. It has been doing this for 6-8 months now but lately it's been happening almost every time I play it.
It has original SYSTEM 80A boards and I did the ground wire mod shown on Todd Tuckey's SYSTEM 80A Ground wire video (allows ground to both side of the connector of CPU board to driver board.

Thanks for any tips.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

After you turn it off and back on, does the issue keep happening, or does it only happen that one time during a play session?

Game starts and plays fine after I turn it back on.
Only happens once in a while causing me to power down then back up if I want to start a new game and hope for the best.

#4 5 years ago

Tried to play tonight. Turned on the game and let it sit in attract mode. About 3 minutes later, displays all blank out, game reboots itself.
Then it it reset itself again in 2 minutes and restarts. This time the speakers were hissing. So I started a game like this. It played thru two balls (3 minutes) with no resets and no sound. When I entered the maze, no sound either. Just hissing.

Turn off pin, turn on pin. Now playable again with sound but for how long....

Any clues on SYSTEM80A issues like this?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Did you rebuild your power supply?
New caps, connectors, ect....

No, but I will if it's a good shot at fixing the issue. Is that your gut feeling on this reset issue?
Would it be easier to just replace the power supply board?
Or is there a repair kit available?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-caveman-issues?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.