Spindle2 (resized).jpg
Spindle1 (resized).jpg
Spindle1 (resized).jpg
Pinball Machines (resized).jpg
72348652-8C50-4667-9791-DB69C3D10C30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5735 (resized).jpg
Relay33 (resized).jpg
Relay2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

I have two Gottlieb games and they both had similar problems (chime hammer stuck) if you take off the chime bells there is a metal slug that is activated by the coil .....usually the slug is stuck in the sleeve , you can take push the slug out by taking off the bottom bracket. although it may be tempting "do not use any contact cleaner anywhere on a machine" I usually use isopropyl alcohol 90% .....clean all the grime off the slug and use q-tips to clean the sleeve and let it dry completely. The 3000 point target is probably a dirty contact or contact adjustment. One thing you will need is a contact adjuster which can be had from ebay or the Pinball Resource.
welcome to EM's you will need this in the future to maintain your machine

#6 3 years ago

did you get a schematic with the game ? so next step would be to see if you have around 26 volts going to the chime coil if not you need to trace it back ....seeing that several at several spots where the chime does not work it has to be common to one thing. I am making an assumption that the places you pointed out usually score 10pts on most em machines .....since yours is a two player game there is most likely a relay that fires each chime and sends a signal to the score reels.....chances are that relay has a dirty contact .........the other thing could the chime signal is going thru a jones plug they can get dirty and cause problems .....when I get a new EM I usually unplug it and clean all the jones plug pins with a piece of scotch brite. the other side can be cleaned with alcohol and q-tips and connecting them a couple of times. There should be a tab on each jones plug that will only allow it to go on one way. most machines have two to three jones plugs that attach the playfield to th machine. as you are looking at the machine on your right towards the back are the two main plugs and there is probably one more that goes to the back box

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-card-whiz-problems?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.