4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_balls.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Recently picked up a Card Whiz with several issues and making a lot of progress. Now zeroing in on specifics. The issue now is that the BX (Last Ball Relay) is constantly picked, humming loud, There are 2 coils on the BX relay, the one humming is the A5662 coil on the underside looking down into the cabinet.

I thought I would pose this question before purchasing a relay to see if that is really the problem. Is there another component causing this to be picked? Or is this the cause??

I do have schematics and getting better at interpreting them however I could use some guidance on this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

SB

#3 4 years ago

Thank You Mark, it seems that when manually engaging the start relay the BX relay engages until I manually engage any other relay such as the 500 point relay, then the BX relay is normal. many other problems await, the add credit stepper is frozen in place, all score reels are filthy and sluggish, pop bumper works but doesn't add score.

This pin sat in a garage for 2 years without being turned on, bought it on CL for $300. Playfield is average, inserts cupped, cabinet decent, backglass minimal flaking. I think I need to start at ground zero and clean all switches, score reels, steppers, & everything else before getting too caught up in specifics.

I resurrected a Sure Shot project last year and took about 4 months. Just got Card Whiz last week and attempted to take the fast lane to get playing, not going to happen.

I will check back when I do my due diligence.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_balls.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-card-whiz-1976-bx-relay-question?tu=silver_balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.