(Topic ID: 242429)

Gottlieb Capt Card always in Tilt mode when turned on

By MiloMV

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
    Coin door (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from MiloMV:

Thanks Howard. First I am assuming the "Credit Button" in your explanation is what I am calling the new game button which is smaller and purplish in color. So going in the normal order of things, are you saying that the coin chute switch activates the start relay which in turn activates the credit hold relay making it now possible to push the credit button to start the game. It seems as if in order to set this game on total free play by just pushing the Credit/New Game button, the Credit Hold relay (Y) needs to be activated. Is Jason right that if I jumper across the Y relay this should accomplish what I want. Again sorry to be such a slow learner, but Y at your number 2 to me looks like a single switch. I thought a relay was a group of switches that are manipulated together all at once. It is hard for me to tell what is a relay and what is a switch on a schematic. I will learn eventually. For now I guess in simple language, do you think it is possible to set this game for free play without having to open the coin door and pressing the coin switch and what do I need to do. Again, many thanks for your patience and help.

If you look at the schematic above, the relays have to squiggly lines with a letter above them. That represents the coil for that particular relay. The switches that are a part of the circuit that activates that coil and thus that relay are in the line that leads away from the relay. They can be normally open, normally closed, make/break. The switches will also have a letter or a score motor switch showing which relay they are on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-capt-card-always-in-tilt-mode-when-turned-on?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.