Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I need a donor cabinet for an Abra Ca Dabra I’m going to restore and I came across a Gottlieb Royal Flush this week that probably. needs to be parted out, but the cabinet is serviceable

Would a Royal Flush cabinet be essentially the same size as an Abra cabinet? I can use the existing head of the Abra (it’s in fine condition).

#2 3 years ago

The 1976 Royal Flush uses a deeper cabinet that Gottlieb had adopted earlier that year. The Abra Ca Dabra cabinet is the shallower cabinet where the coin slots are above the door instead of on the door. Without going out and measuring, I can only speculate that the bigger cabinet has the same width. I think it would work, but you might wish that certain cables were longer, and you may have to change out some hardware at the bottom of the playfield to engage the different lockdown mechanism. Be sure to check the positions of the four backbox bolts, too.

If you do this, it would be a service to The Pinball Community if you wrote up some notes on the adaptations you had to make.
.................David Marston

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I need a donor cabinet for an Abra Ca Dabra I’m going to restore and I came across a Gottlieb Royal Flush this week that probably. needs to be parted out, but the cabinet is serviceable
Would a Royal Flush cabinet be essentially the same size as an Abra cabinet? I can use the existing head of the Abra (it’s in fine condition).

Don't do it. Different coin door too.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I could use that royal flush cab and I have a Abra size cab to trade for it although you may have to paint the inside for some of the stains. Give me a call.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-cabinet-question- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.