IMG_20150121_072836.jpg
IMG_20150121_084017.jpg
IMG_20150120_230221.jpg
SkyJump (4).JPG
volleyteardown 012.jpg
volleyteardown 011.jpg
IMG_20150120_071153.jpg
IMG_20150120_071146.jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Thanks your pointers and a bit of time on my part and the match lights are back in order. I found no power on the white lead going to the FS. I found power coming off the "6th" ball .. back to the R relay, but nothing going back out the R relay on the white lead. Turns out the contact on the R relay, needed that little bend, to make the contact. Power on the white wire! Yah!
Now since the match hasnt worked in years, I found the contact pressure on the FS relay rotating contact to be weak. So I removed the screws and bent that a bit more to apply more pressure on the contact plates. Now all the match lights work as I flip thru the digits on the "6th" ball.

Next issue.. Match itself. It doesnt seem to win a game.

Hoping you can break down the schematics again for me..and give me some pointers here.
I figure its the other side of the FS relay..sort of in the reverse now...Voltage on the disc going to the wh-sl wire (on my machine they both appeared white .. which confused me).

Thanks for all the assistance.

#52 9 years ago

Haha .. okay you see that pic I posted of the 10's digit with the mess of wires? It seems they were all removed from the decagon unit and not re-soldered onto the (apparently) new unit. So there is no voltage going down for the match. Priceless.

Now the challenge to match the wires to the posts..

#53 9 years ago

Well I appear to hit a "dead end" - turns out the decagon doesnt have the copper plate inside it to make the actual connections. I will have to try and source that piece. I think that pretty much solves these issues. Another thread for another issue.

2 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

Fixed. Thanks to the generosity of newmantjn for sending me the decagon score switch/blade the 10's reel is fixed and the match is working as designed.
Thanks for the excellent guidance and diagnosis to all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-buccaneer-minor-issue-with-special-lights/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.