Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I've just replaced a fried relay coil on the "First Ball" relay and it seems to be behaving ok, latching in as soon as points are scored. Upon draining, the ball is served but player unit does not advance. There is some activity as the trough switch is passed (P relay activates and score motor rotates once) but something is missing to finish the sequence. It doesn't help that I don't have the schematic (does anyone know a UK supplier for these?).
TIA, mike.

#2 6 years ago

Schematics available from The Pinball Resource as they are the official reseller. Try eBay for originals.

http://www.pbresource.com/mansch.html

#3 6 years ago

I find it easier to work backwards when troubleshooting....so lets determine if the player unit coil is working. Quick check - does the player unit step during reset? Knowing that will eliminate a big chunk of the circuit.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

I'd suspect the NO switch on the 1st player relay (U): wh-blu & br-wh-red wires.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I'd suspect the NO switch on the 1st player relay (U): wh-blu & br-wh-red wires.

Let's prove it first...way more fun.

#6 6 years ago

Just checked U contacts as suggested - continuity is ok. Guess I need to go through the whole chain of contacts to find the fault - didn't realise it was such a tortuous path!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Just checked U contacts as suggested - continuity is ok. Guess I need to go through the whole chain of contacts to find the fault - didn't realise it was such a tortuous path!

No you don't need to go through the whole chain a lot can be eliminated by observation and using a jumper. So, does the player unit step during reset?

#8 6 years ago

The player unit does move during reset, yes. I can start up to a 4-player game, but it never advances to ball 2

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

The player unit does move during reset, yes. I can start up to a 4-player game, but it never advances to ball 2

Does it advance to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players? Check this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, especially the 3 indicated areas.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Thank you, I will investigate further when I get back to the club next week. I wanted to look closer at this fault last night but they were breaking them faster than I could fix them...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bronco-stuck-on-ball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.