Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
broncoresetswitch (resized).jpg
broncoSch (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi All,
I am having a problem with the 4X bonus light stuck on. The machine is not giving 4x bonus just the light is on. I have looked at the schematic but don’t know where to go.
Thanks for any help you can give.

broncoSch (resized).jpgbroncoSch (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

(What are the LB, 1B, 2B and 4B relays doing?)

That's a possible but very unlikely cause. Much more likely is a short circuit from the Maroon&White wire on the 4X light to something that's supplying power to the that Maroon&White wire.

#3 6 years ago

Well I found that a set of switches was not being reset. I reset it by hand and the light went out. So, of course, that leads to the problem of why the sequence bank reset coil is not firing. I looked at the schematic (see attached picture) and found where the sequence bank is. Could you tell me what the letters P, S and U represent on the schematic? I am still trying to learn how to read it. I did check the fuses and they are okay.

broncoresetswitch (resized).jpgbroncoresetswitch (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

There is a list of relays on the schematic, no?

#5 6 years ago

currieddog,
you are absolutely correct. That shows you how much I have to learn.
Thanks

#6 6 years ago

Here's the list of relays for a Gottlieb 1977 Bronco.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

Problem solved. The first ball relay(U) had a bad contact. Once I cleaned it the coil would fire.
Thank you guys very much.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bronco-stuck-on-4x-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.