4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jeffc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Wondering if there are any Bronco owners out there that have an opinion regarding the 3 playfield posts that set behind the 3 drop targets. I’ve seen a few comments of how people hate that they are there blocking shots after the targets are knocked down.

Even though it goes against the Pinball purity test, it seems like it would be an easy fix. Take them out, Wood fill the holes, sand and touch up an area without much detail. Or are the posts important pieces to support the drop targets from getting bent or broken?

Any thoughts? I’m thinking of making an offer on one. Thanks

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

You could just take them and see how you like it. They probably do help the targets from snapping off. But I'd leave them in because the ball is going to chew up the slot and hop like crazy. I also did find it fun to try and hit the extra ball pockets by rebounding off the outer posts.

I’d probably leave them in then. I never thought about the ball hopping. I’m wondering what happens on a Crescendo/Groovy when it rolls over the down target slots? I could be wrong but I don’t remember seeing posts behind the drop targets. Not sure though

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Usually rubber rings behind the drops. Good call with crescendo - same arrangement, but those have (big, plastic) posts too.

Thanks for the input. Might offer in the 500-550 range, assuming it plays as good as it looks (other than dirt). It gets a bad rap and maybe once I play it a few times I’ll feel the same way but it looks like a late EM with lots to do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bronco-question?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.