4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin (resized).jpg
    1021F89B-0AE2-464C-BA42-0A346C80BAAD (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I’m shopping a Bristol Hills for a friend and have reassembled the spinners but the left one does not hang straight/vertical like the right one does.

I’ve fiddled with its switches a bunch and can’t get this one to hang straight.

Any advice?

1021F89B-0AE2-464C-BA42-0A346C80BAAD (resized).jpeg1021F89B-0AE2-464C-BA42-0A346C80BAAD (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Can't tell from the pic, but is the weight on correctly? And how did you manage to snag that rarity?! Only 110 made!!

#3 4 years ago

They are both original spinners that were sanded down, painted, and then repro stickers applied.

There is nothing out of the ordinary with the original condition of the spinners. No modifications or repairs other than the sand and repaint I gave them.

Unfortunately they had already been disassembled from the game before the game was delivered to me so I can't tell if it had an issue to begin with.

I haven't removed the wire and connection to the under playfield switches to see if the spinner will sit straight without any attachment. If it does there is hope I can adjust it. If it sits out of level with no connection to it I'll have to attribute it to an out of balance spinner.

#4 4 years ago

The game came from the Tulsa auction in February last year. The cabinet, while solid, is rough. The backglass is good. Obviously the playfield is excellent condition after my work on it. It was a neat opportunity for my friend.

#5 4 years ago

and the wire thru the spinner that goes thru the holes on either side is sitting on its round part, not the flatter ends?

#6 4 years ago

Not sure what you are saying here.

The spinner arm is threaded through the round end of the wire and the turned end of the wire is nested in the spinner switch below the playfield.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Not sure what you are saying here.

If you look closely at that piece you'll see that it's been squeezed to make it flatter so that it won't pull out. Is it resting on any of the flatter part? (see circled areas below)

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#8 4 years ago

To close this out, it turned out that the wires on the side were not in the same plane as the spinner plate itself. Bending the wires a bit to put them in the same plane have it sitting vertical now. Easy Peasy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bristol-hills-spinner-alignment-help-needed?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.