IMG_4961 (resized).jpg
IMG_4959 (resized).jpg
IMG_4957 (resized).jpg
Bowling Queen score motor sw. (resized).jpg
IMG_4945 copy 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4945 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1065 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I took in a Bowling Queen for someone to take a look at, and I need a little assistance. First off, I found the replay button switch leads were hacked. Only the anti cheat leads were connected, and the orange to blue. Should be orange to brown. Would like a picture of someones switch.

When powering up, the score motor continuously spins, the "D" reset relay firing, 13 bank reset firing, "Reset Ball Rack Coil" firing as well. This is for the mechanized action in the back box. This coil is fed by a Blue-Orange that comes from "S" shown on schematic at H-12.

Checked all playfield switches, score reels set to zero, credits shown.

Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

I did find and correct an issue with the "S" armature switch. Low voltage was passing through that circuit and I found badly scorched contacts that I cleaned.Will follow up with those others.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Is this the shot you're looking for?[quoted image]

Yes, that's it. Now there are only 4 conductors on the switch, correct? The anti cheat which is GR/WH-BLK, and the OR-BR. Mine has the OR connecting to the BLUE which seems incorrect. My BR and GR are cut off. I believe the Blue and Green are for the coin chute switches.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check the M/B on S as well as the NC sw. on T and X. There is also an armature sw. for S. All are on the 5 pos. bank. I'll get you the shot of the replay button asap.
[quoted image]

All of those check ok. The current condition is, score motor turning, "D" relay firing (Reset Relay on 13 bank setup), 13 position bank setup keeps firing, zero position ball rack advance unit keeps firing, 8 position bank setup does not fire. I can manually activate the Start relay on the 8 position setup, and it will not activate the bank reset coil.
Thoughts?

IMG_4945 copy (resized).jpgIMG_4945 copy (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

The 13 bank switches look ok. I found the 8 bank reset not operating due to a bad fuse holder and mis-aligned contact blades at "D" Reset Relay.

However, the following still occurs. Blowing 10 amp fuse when powering on and 8 bank reset engages. I isolated the trouble to the Start relay coil, (maybe). I disconnected the the white leads at "W" relay and Start Relay. The fuse blows when the whites are connected to Start. 13 bank keeps firing because 8 bank can't reset. Pic attached.

IMG_4945 copy 2 (resized).jpgIMG_4945 copy 2 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Story behind this is that an arcade left this plugged in all night recently, and several coils burned up due to being energized. Got a little over 12 hours into it so far. Time for a beer and an ibuprofen.

#12 4 years ago

After MANY hours of troubleshooting, success. I checked both the 8 and 12 bank reset connections for solder bombs, bent contacts, loose connections. Removed the motor board and disassembled the relays and cleaned the contacts. Disassembled the score motor switch stacks and cleaned all of the switch contacts and re-gapped. De-soldered points leading to the circuit causing the short. Which brought me into the light box.
And this is what I found. The owner replaced several burnt up coils from the machine staying locked up all night.

IMG_4957 (resized).jpgIMG_4957 (resized).jpgIMG_4959 (resized).jpgIMG_4959 (resized).jpgIMG_4961 (resized).jpgIMG_4961 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bowling-queen-issues?tu=Playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.