IMG_6151 (resized).PNG
IMG_6145 (resized).jpg
IMG_6143 (resized).jpg
IMG_6144 (resized).jpg
IMG_6142 (resized).jpg
IMG_6140 (resized).jpg
IMG_6141 (resized).jpg
IMG_6139 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djspider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone.
First, sorry for my poor english. I will try to be understood.
I have a Gottlieb Bone Busters pinball.
I get some problems with the pinball.
The game is starting well, flippers are working. But during the game, some solenoid don't work, or if the ball fall in a "lock" hole, nothing happen.
The pop bumper didnt work, the kickback didnt work. On the bench test, these two solenoid works well.
when i did a lamp test, everything works. when i did a relay and solenoid test, test testing mode stuck on "solenoid 0" and this solenoid come on and off without stoping till i switch off the pinball.
After i read some topics, i have repin the A3-J3 and the contril driver connector but the problem still.
Also, the driver board is brand new, a rottendog GDB080 and during the first utilisation, the driver board was running perfectly.
Any idea or suggestion?
Thanks in advanced to everyone

#3 3 years ago

Hi Bax1
everything are good in the switch test. All switch closed

#6 3 years ago

Yes, you are right. All switch are open but the through hole (i remove the ball in it for the test and after that all switch open.
Thanks for your siggestions. I will try to see if my control driver connector are ok. I think he is but i will did another test with multimeter. This connector are brand new but maybe he can be the problem.
I will forward the result
Thanks

#7 3 years ago

What do you mean "The piggy back board on the cpu been reflowed?

#9 3 years ago

After some multimeter tests, the problem still!
There is some pictures:
CPU board are brand new
Driver board are brande new
Control driver connector are brand new and everything look good on the bench test
A3-J3 have been repin.
Well, i dont know waht to do at this time????
Thanks to all for your help

IMG_6139 (resized).jpgIMG_6139 (resized).jpgIMG_6140 (resized).jpgIMG_6140 (resized).jpgIMG_6141 (resized).jpgIMG_6141 (resized).jpgIMG_6142 (resized).jpgIMG_6142 (resized).jpgIMG_6143 (resized).jpgIMG_6143 (resized).jpgIMG_6144 (resized).jpgIMG_6144 (resized).jpgIMG_6145 (resized).jpgIMG_6145 (resized).jpg
#11 3 years ago

I don't have the schematic and it seems realy hard to find on the internet!

#12 3 years ago

After a lot of tests........
The problem still!
When i did a test mode, the test mode stuck on LAMP 0. and clic, clic, clic, clic, clic, clic, till a turn off the pinball. The sound come from a switch or something like this with a sticker on it "Q". See pics

IMG_6151 (resized).PNGIMG_6151 (resized).PNG

IMG_6152 (resized).jpgIMG_6152 (resized).jpgIMG_6153 (resized).jpgIMG_6153 (resized).jpgIMG_6154 (resized).jpgIMG_6154 (resized).jpg
#14 3 years ago

Nope! Still stuck there and the test mode can't go further.
What is strange, is that i was able to do the switch test last week. Well............electronics! Lol

Ok thank you very much!

#16 3 years ago

I did the ground mods........
same problem!
Still stuck on lamp 0 when i did a mode test.

#18 3 years ago

They are new but they were working for 100-150 games.
After that the problems appear.

#21 3 years ago

I did 3 vidéos to show the problem so if you want to see this short videos just click on the links below

#23 3 years ago

Thank you very much Schusler

#27 3 years ago

Hi Schusler, no problem and thank to you for your research! I appreciate

#28 3 years ago

Hi ChrisHibler
Thanks for your help.
First, i will buy the manual on the net to understand much better what is the system 80B and for more informations about the Bone Busters.
Second, about the OEM MPU and driver board; when i purchased the pinball the new boards was already installed and i dont know why the OEM was removed from the pinball but the machine were operationnal 100% with no problem.
Third, when i have repin the A3J3, i am pretty sure all the repinning have been done like the original. Wire and connector 1 by 1 to be sure everything still stand like original pinout.
Now, i dont know what to do. Pinball were perfect at the beginning and right now it's a big puzzle for me.
Maybe i'll need to replace the MPU and the driver board with a OEM part. Let me know

2 months later
#30 3 years ago

I still with the same problem!
I can't repair the pinball...............
Maybe it's really simple to fixed that problem but as i am not a expert, i think i will need help from someone who knows that pinball or Gottlieb system 80B. I am pretty sure someone have experienced that problem and resolved it.........

3 months later
#36 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone
I have forgot to reply in this post! My apologies........Sorry
Finally, the brand new CPU Board "Rottendog" was the problem. I still wait for a new one which was in the mail..........
Great day to everyone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djspider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-bone-busters?tu=djspider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.