• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

My first forum topic, and I didn't happen to see it in Search.
I'm wondering if any one has any tips for touching up the Astronaut left of the bonus multipliers... mine has considerable wear on the predominantly white arm area.

I've always tried to keep the board well mill-waxed but that area always appears to rub off more paint flecks whenever I touch it. Once I touch up the paint, any ideas on how to protect the surface?

Thanks Dan

#2 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration
i would read this thread, and ask vid for advice, he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks, I did happen to see that as well.

But I'm really wondering if anyone has done it first hand and could offer their perspective on what they did, how it worked for them etc... maybe a before and after example, things like that.

Thanks!
Dan

#4 8 years ago

I haven't restored or clear coated mine yet. I did touch up the black outline around the window with a black paint pen and followed up with a brush on coat of clear varnish.
While not a permanent solution, it will protect the area while being played.
To prevent further wear, its advised to level the window with new rubber washers.
Black hole was a lot easier to do than my haunted house. The diamond pattern around the window was tough to color match. Eventually they will both get restored and clear coated.

#5 8 years ago

This was just brought up in a different post but Steve aka blownfuse suggests black mini post rubbers.
The sponges washers just plain suck and you need to adjust window often.
If you do some simple touch ups you need to try and get the paint built back up to the hight of the surrounding paint idea being if you place a small area stick down Mylar you don't want air pockets underneath. You can purchase adhesive Mylar and cut out an area protector to suit your needs.

Vids guides are real good. Enjoy.

But pf touching up is to me a least fairly hard. I started to try on machine and had it unplayable for like a year. In the end I just put it back together and enjoyed what I had.

Some guys call it character.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-black-hole-touch-up-and-protection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.