1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1935[1] (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

Every time it scores 1000 either by 1000 rollover or scoring added up,the replay unit awards a game.
So,when I went to troubleshoot,I found out that it only does this on 1st player,not 2nd.
So I'm "assuming" there is a issue in the player unit .I looked and can't see anything wrong with it.
I'm thinking there might be a shorted contact,but don't see anything. I know the ems do weird things when some contacts are touching that are not suppose to.
Anybody ever had this issue,or can point me to the right place.
I can also say that even when the step up on the replay unit is at the end where it opens contacts so it doesn't step up,it still does.
Hmmm

#2 1 year ago

Based on the replay jacks in the head of the game, what are the replay values? I'm wondering if only the 1k to 9k jacks are set at the 1k position. I'd expect this to impact all player, but it is at least something to check..

#3 1 year ago

Still does it if you unplug all the score adj. wire plugs? Are you getting a replay knock too, or just credits?

#4 1 year ago

My thought would be that perhaps something is amiss/shorted on the circuit boards of the Player 1 10,000-pt and 1000-pt score reels, such that the machine thinks that pre-set replay levels are being reached. Maybe worth a look?.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from southofi-10:

I can also say that even when the step up on the replay unit is at the end where it opens contacts so it doesn't step up,it still does.
Hmmm

I thought this might be a clue, but looking at the schematic, this is correct behavior - only the special-based add replay is cut off when the replay unit is at 15.

That is odd, both the points replays and the matches DO NOT go through the 15th Pos Replay Unit switch. So you continue to get the knocks above 15 credits for everything but specials.

EDIT: Looking thru some other schematics, this is common... NVM

#6 1 year ago

My schematic shows paths through the match unit, 2nd coin chute, and through the thousands reels via the high score point adjustment.

When “L” fires, it travels through P1B,
to the first player thousands score reel,
through the high score adjustment plug,
to the ten thousands score reel,
then P1A on its way to the replay unit.

So when you have the plug set at 55,000, when the 10k drum is in the “5” position and the 1K drum is in the “4” position (54,000), a path is completed to “L” so that the next time “L” fires (you score 1,000 points, moving from 54 to 55) the Add Replay Unit will fire.

#7 1 year ago

Fixed!! Seemed everytime I would fold down the player unit the problem would go away. I kept thinking it was in the contacts,1st player.
Come to find out on closer inspection,that there was a blue and white wire that seemed to be shorting against the player unit frame when it was in the up position. I pushed the loom away from the frame and the problem went away.
I tried to recreate the issue with no luck,but since I moved the loom,no problem.

IMG_1935[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1935[1] (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-weird-problem?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.