7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zBig-Brave-Work3 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Well I have a interesting problem on this game maybe someone can help...

On single player when I score my second 100 points the machine switches to player two and scores all points on that player and when the ball is over the player unit does not advance. The 100's score real was not advancing past 8-9 and I dissasembled it to clean it up and make repairs (I have since decided to install new spring kits and solenoid sleeves on all the score reels they are tired). Anyway after reassembly I have this new problem I imagine I caused the problem in the precess of cleaning and repair of the score reel. I have the schematic but cannot seem to locate the player unit solenoid on the schematic...for some reason it is advancing to 2nd player after the 2nd hundred is scored.

Thanks,
Tom

#2 7 years ago

Hi Tom
some different problems - FIRST: Wrong forum, the "Tech and therefore Tech-Generic" is for Solidstate (electronic) pins. If my hints (here) do not help - may write one-more-post (?): Wrong forum, topic closed. THEN write a new topic in here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-em

SECOND: I am not good in Gottlieb TWO-Player-Games. Due to restrictions: ipdb.org is not allowed to show "paper stuff" - so the question is: Do You have the schematics / do You have the manual (write about). I show here "best I have - Big Brave".

THIRD: It is IMPORTANT that You write about "desoldering wires because had to do some cleaning - have soldered back on" or You (hopefully write) "have NOT unsoldered wires".

FOURTH: Is the problem ONLY with the HUNDRED Points --- means: You do NOT have the fault when strictly only "play and ONLY make a lot of 'ten points' " ? What happens when You make 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 points ? Does the fault show up ?

I have never seen a Gottlieb-TWO-Player-Backbox / Player-Unit - here https://www.flippers.com/gott-sub-assemblies.html they ALSO have the FOUR-Player-Unit - the third picture, upmost wheel is black - it is wheel-5, below is wheel-4, -3, -2, -1 (all white). The switches in the switchstacks have letters, A, B, C ... --- the "A" is closest to the wheel / axis.

In my JPG we see in the upper right corner: "Switch-P2B" - (remember the "A" is closest to the wheel) - the wheel-2, a three-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch does change between the two players.
WELL, important question - When fault shows up: What is seen in the Backglass: "First player playing" or "Second Player playing" ? Did the Player-Unit in the Backbox STEP ? (changing from player-1 to player-2 ?)

Do some tests - probably have to start an new (EM-Tech) topic - make a good desciption, greetings Rolf

zBig-Brave-Work3 (resized).jpgzBig-Brave-Work3 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-troubleshooting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.