Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

When specials are lit does not give a free game and no knocker sound just lights up and that's it the ax relay(Target special relay) pulls in when the special lights up any help would be appreciated .

Raff

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Check these two switches. They lead into the AX.

Hi currieddog are these two switches on the ax relay.

#7 4 years ago

Hi Runbikeskilee the special does light up and it does alternate between both sides, and every target that drops does score points and the ax relay does pull in once 1-8 or 8-15 targets have been dropped,and there is not 15 credits on the score wheel.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

But do the standup targets score points

Yes.

I suggest starting to inspect and clean the switches mentioned above.

Checked switches and cleaned at 1C,AX,A relay still no go.
    Raff

#11 4 years ago

Does the machine award score replays or matches?

Yes

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Did you find and check the switches in post #2 + 3?

The switches in post 2 are working good but I go back and have a look again at the switches on the G relay sometimes they look closed but aren't closed.

Raff

#16 4 years ago

Can you see the EX relay pulling in?

Hi lee No the EX relay doesn't
    pull in.

Quoted from HowardR:

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires

Hi Howardr correct me if I am right or wrong one alligator clip on a EX relay switch and the other end goes to a Motor switch on 1C .

#18 4 years ago

EX relay only pulls in when the machine awards free games for score replays or matches.

Raff

#19 4 years ago

Problem fixed specisls are working again. I cleaned and gapped the switches at AX.,A, EX cleaned and tightened the switch at motor 1C
    But i think the priblem was at the credit unit swith 15 i noticed that i could only get 7 games on the credit wheel i noticed the screw that opens the 15th switch was in the wrong position so i put it back in the right position cleaned the switch and adjusted the gap and specials was back on again thanks to all for helping me.
    Raff.

#21 4 years ago

If the 15th switch on the credit wheel wasnt working would it still award free games on score and match numbers.
    Raff

#23 4 years ago

You did say that the machine awarded replays from score.</blockquote Yea it did award replays from score and matching number so that 15th switch would be ruled out.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boatcat:

The original poster stated the game awarded replays and probably didn't notice the limit switch opened at "7," It happens.

The limit switch was open at 7 games because the screw that opens the switch was in the wrong position .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-specials-no-free-game?tu=raff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.