Big Shot Add Bonus (resized).jpg
big shot - gtb - score motor dog (resized).jpg
bs-j relay (resized).png
C3DBC17C-DF19-4918-B156-248F91F70E91 (resized).jpeg
20220323_110047_HDR[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20220313_154350 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220313_154340 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210611_174720 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 2 years ago

I am trying to follow along from my Hot Shot and its schematic, although there are some small differences in circuitry since HS is a 4-player game. Refer to row 21 on the schematic between E and I.

Here is my guess at what a previous owner was trying to do:

Since there was a plastic spacer missing on that Motor 2C switch, that switch was probably never functioning properly when the score motor rotated and thus, was not energizing the #1-7 target bank reset solenoid (shown at 21-H/I on the schematic) reliably. Perhaps the owner could not find a replacement spacer, or maybe did not even realize it was missing? It would seem to me that he was trying to bypass the malfunctioning motor switch 2C by rerouting the blue wire shown on the right side of 2C to the right side of Motor switch 3B (orange wire) to instead trigger BOTH target bank reset solenoids off of the functional switch at Motor 3B (that was intended to only energize the #9-15 target bank reset solenoid).

Since you have repaired/replaced the missing spacer, I would put the blue wire back where it belongs.

Lee

#89 2 years ago

My Hot Shot is missing that card also.

If you have the owner's manual, that information should be duplicated in Table form on page 6 or 7, or so.

Maybe someone on Pinside will volunteer to send you a scan or copy of their card for Big Shot?

Lee

1 year later
#186 1 year ago

Andrew means that the first ball can go down one of the thousand point rollovers and then drain, and you will still get a repeat of the first ball. The machine logic is funny.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Runbikeskilee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-repair?tu=Runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.