You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180927_195309 (resized).jpg
20180927_195305 (resized).jpg
20180927_195259 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Big troubles with Big shot.... after finally getting the game to stop continually resetting (stuck outhole switch) it now will serve ball 1. After ball 1 drains, add bonus unit relay clicks but ball stays in outhole will not score bonus or serve ball 2. Bonus unit coil does work as I can see it spin on reset, but outhole will not score bonus or serve Ball 2. Interestingly enough if you manually press the trough switch it kicks out ball 2 and ball 3 light comes on.

#3 5 years ago

Hey Howard thx for responding. The bonus score I is NOT pulling in. When I manually pushed it in it held in but no action. Did not try J relay but I will tonite.I dont have schem. didnt notice the J relay thx.

#4 5 years ago

Some progress... while looking for bonus score relay J, I noticed a loose solder connection on one of the switches on bonus score relay I. Now at the end of ball 1 it does score the bonus however it does not advance to Ball 2. Manually advancing the player unit coil 4 times lights up ball 2. After playing ball 2 and it drains game advances to Ball 3. After playing ball 3 it scores the bonus as it should kicks the ball into the shooter Lane but does not light up ball 4. After playing ball 4 five six seven eight so on and so forth It's scores the bonus at the end of each ball but does not advance to light the game never ends....

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Player Unit should advance when the ball kicks over from the outhole to the shooter lane. Is that happening?

No sir it is not. Coil does not fire, it is good because it works during reset.
Any suggestions on what to look for?
I have cleaned the brass contacts and wiper fingers on the front but not the multiple contacts and switches on the back of player unit.

Pressing the trough switch trips score motor and reset banks but does not fire player unit coil. Without the schematic I am at a loss on what to do look for.

#8 5 years ago

Yes it does but ball count light does not advance. I'm guessing it's a switch on the score motor that advances player unit?

#10 5 years ago

SLIGHT progress...I experimented with a jumper wire by grabbing power from the back box tilt switch and poking around on the player unit to see which switches fire the coil.
Discovered a green and yellow wire switch fires the coil. Ran a jumper from the Jones plug green and yellow wire up to the green and yellow switch on the player unit. Game will now advance from Ballwin to ball to 3 but has problems ending the game is doing funky stuff skipping from Ball 3 to 5 sometimes and then game over. Thought I had clean those Jones plugs but evidently I need to do a better job on them. Going to try that tomorrow.

20180927_195259 (resized).jpg20180927_195259 (resized).jpg20180927_195305 (resized).jpg20180927_195305 (resized).jpg20180927_195309 (resized).jpg20180927_195309 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

Well Howard I just noticed your post you could have saved me some time if I had to seen it earlier LOL TY!

#12 5 years ago

I posted a video on my Facebook group about this game and how it is behaving....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/347744179059319/permalink/487725468394522/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-ball-count?tu=Heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.