New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269733)

Gottlieb Big Indian will not score hundred or count bonus points

By jetmechinnc

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 months ago

I need to ask for help on my restoration of my Gottlieb Big Indian before I go mental. Game is so close to being perfect from cabinet to play field, yet I can't get the game to play correctly. On all 4 players, when scoring 10 points, when you hit 9, and than 0, it does not add to the 100 points so for example, if you score 50,190, the next 10 points will only have the score reels at 50,100, not 50,200. All other numbers add correctly.

Second issue is the bonus count down. The stepper unit fires when ball drains, lights count down as they should, but no score is added to the score reels.

Rest of the game appears to work as required. Game boots up and resets, plays 1-4 players, drop targets count and reset, bonus units light up, rollover targets work, Vari-target works as it should, etc, etc.

I can't help but think somehow the two issues are related. Contacts were cleaned, etc and seem to be all contacting as required. I have the wiring diagram as well as the manual from PBresource. PLEASE help and point me into a direction I may be missing. Could it be the player unit in the backbox? Something on relay L, M, A, F, N, or the score motor that may have I missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Jason

#2 4 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

when scoring 10 points, when you hit 9, and than 0, it does not add to the 100 points

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, Starting with this switch on the 10 Point relay (N)
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

bonus count down. The stepper unit fires when ball drains, lights count down as they should, but no score is added

If the 1000 Point relay (L) doesn't activate when this happens, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

#4 4 months ago

Ok will try jumping these and report back.

#5 4 months ago

Oh this is maddening. First I only had the two issues. Than I moved the game from the garage to inside the house so it won’t get any issues with moisture. Now the 10,000 point won’t score as well.

I did at least verify that with L cool jumpered from Britain-wh-red at the coil to the red black at the bounce switch, it registers 5,0000 points for some reason. Not just the bonus that is lit on the playfield.

#6 4 months ago

At N, the ten point fires, but does not add to the hundred relay once you get past 90. Same now as the 1,000 points. It just goes to 09,000 and if you add 1,000 it just reads 00,000. Wasn’t doing this before. Ahhhhhhh

#7 4 months ago

If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly, the player unit has an effect on the bonus as well as the ten and the ten thousands units? Plan to Completely disassemble it and clean all contacts , and verify continuity on each wire for that disc that maybe were not cleaned properly.

F relay, 00-90, only moves during 100 points. Should it be moving for all score reels? Seems like it should move for the tens unit, unless this is just for match feature on the print.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly, the player unit has an effect on the bonus as well as the ten and the ten thousands units? Plan to Completely disassemble it and clean all contacts , and verify continuity on each wire for that disc that maybe were not cleaned properly.
F relay, 00-90, only moves during 100 points. Should it be moving for all score reels? Seems like it should move for the tens unit, unless this is just for match feature on the print.

Don't touch the player unit! The PU has nothing to do with your initial problems that HowardR addressed in his posts.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Did you have a chance to look at the schematic?

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Did you have a chance to look at the schematic?

Yes, that’s why I thought maybe the 00-90 F relay or an issue or the players unit in the backbox. I jumpered the L relay, and the 1000 relay fires. But 5 times. Didn’t matter if I had 1k or 6k on the bonus lights. But with no jumper, no points, no chimes when ball drains. But stepper unit counts down and the lights count down. Score motor issue??????

By jumperimg M relay, the 10 points go, but still doesn’t advance to the hundred position. Just 90 to 00.

And now, for some reason, the 10,000 point does not register. You get 09,000 on the score reel and never advance into 10,000 for some reason. Odd since it worked before I just moved it to inside the house. Did take the head off, but connected correctly. Wondering if a broken wire is the culprit??????????

#11 3 months ago

Well as you stated, players unit did nothing to help, but it did need a good cleaning, game had no backbox door. Still have same issues. Cleaning/adjusting contacts related to the print after I use jumpers to narrow the issue. Slow progress with new chores directed by my wife. We will see how it goes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
£ 50.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 189.99
$ 49.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside