6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Big-Indian-Work-03 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Big Indian (4 Player) game. At times, the score does not increment correctly in the 1,000's. For example:

With a score of 90, adding 10 gives 100 -- this works correctly.
With a score of 990, adding 10 will make the score 000, not 1000 as it should. With a score of 990, adding 100 will make the score 090, not 1090 as it should.

Certain features of the game score thousands as they should, but only when they directly increment the 1000's reel. For example, the vari-target will score 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 or 5000 as expected, all drop-targets down scores 5000 as expected, and the bonus count-up works correctly (by thousands).

As noted above, the thousands doesn't count correctly when it is to be incremented by a lesser value score count incrementing the hundreds score from "9" to "0". This function is identical across all 4 players.

I am a novice to repairing these type devices. Although I have only owned it for a few months, I have completed a few repairs successfully, but I just don't know where to begin on this one.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

#2 6 years ago

Likely, your switches on the 1000's reel need cleaning and/or adjusting. They "carry over the decade".

The only thing is: Is this for ALL players? or just one player. If ALL, I need to rethink my answer.

#3 6 years ago

Hi uttjefferyb
ALL FOUR Players have the fault --- most likely the problem is a "Switch on M-100-Point-Relay" and/or "connecting wires to/from this switch". See the JPG --- locate the "encircled red" switch and check
- wires soldered on ?
- switch closes when the relay is actuated ?
- contact-points clean ?

If "No luck": Follow "wire-brown-white-red" to "Hundreds-Score-Drums" - THERE the wire is truely soldered-on ?
Greetings Rolf

0Big-Indian-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Big-Indian-Work-03 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Thanks to all who replied!

Rolf,
Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-indian-does-not-score-thousands-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.