Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi folks. I'm working through this Big Indian and making progress. My question is, the left coin shoot and the center coin shoot do work and you can add a quarter and you get a 1 credit. BUT... it starts a game, I don't believe its is suppose to do that... Any ideas on this one? Thank you.

#2 4 years ago

just to make sure i understand...

insert quarter... credit wheel increments, and a game starts?

does it act differently if you already have credits on the game?

#3 4 years ago

If credits are showing on the credit wheel then I push the credit button on coin door and it will play. Other wise if I drop a 25 cents it starts the game.

#4 4 years ago

What are the coin chute adjustment plugs set to on the score motor board?

#5 4 years ago

^^^ this....

your coin chute adjustment is likely set to 1 coin, 1 play...

#6 4 years ago

I think he means he puts in a quarter and the ball ejects, without having to hit the credit button. Would the coin chute play into that issue?

#7 4 years ago

Does the credit disapear right away then, or does it stay, even though you've 'spent' the credit?

#8 4 years ago

There is a credit increment switch that the coin closes as it drops in the slot.which adds a credit.

The Start button on the coin door has to close a switch which starts the S relay causing a game to reset and start.

I'd check to see ithat the coin is not closing the start button switch (or somehow making a contact) that triggers the start button switch to start the game.

#9 4 years ago

Ok i will. Now you guys please tell me why my player unit double pulses sometimes and skips players. I'm thinking I need to replace the contact on cam 2 stack C

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Now you guys please tell me why my player unit double pulses sometimes and skips players. I'm thinking I need to replace the contact on cam 2 stack C

The Add Player Unit is given the chance at four pulses to reach Player 1 back to Player 1 (for a one player game). As each additional player is added, one of those pulses is removed by opening the path for it. This is controlled via a combination of switches on the Player Unit cams, and the Player# relays (I think Big Indian has dedicated Player# relays, rather than a Coin Unit stepper, but could be wrong there).

So, if it's skipping players, then that means it's finding a path to step the Player Unit. That's going to be a result of some switches not opening that should be. All the switch stacks on the Player Unit should be tightened, and checked for proper gapping, as should all the switch stacks on the Player# relays (these are typically PB2, PB3, PB4).

It would be highly unusual to have to actually replace a contact.

#11 4 years ago

I will follow that up Dirtflipper. The reason I thought it could be a contact is because the leaf touches so lightly and one could think it bounces. I adjust it but I cant get it right. I have no idea how many times the score motor switches have been compromised by untrained folks over the years. I'm going to tighten everything and see how it plays. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 14.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Game Room Info Shop
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 8.95
$ 1,000.00
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside