Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for a pair of new Gottlieb flipper shafts (don't need the bats themselves) that will fit a Big Hurt. I know they're on Marco but at $12 each, yowch. Anyone help a fellow Pinsiders out?

#2 9 years ago

You try PBResource ?

#3 9 years ago

Oh they're only $8.10 there!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

Oh they're only $8.10 there!

If you ever looking to sell the Big Hurt, let me know. It's on my wish list. Great game!

#5 9 years ago

The shots are really, really rewarding. I was shocked when we started to first play it. Some games just don't have those shots that make you feel like you've done something perfectly, but Big Hurt is full of them. Really well done, despite being one of those unknown games. We just swapped most of the lamps for LEDs. Frank Thomas is not only all over the audio, he's strikingly bright on the backglass too.

#6 9 years ago

It is a lot of fun. I'm dieing to add it to my collection one day.

#7 9 years ago

I'm not over the novelty of mine yet (just got it a month ago), I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to sell or trade (judge dredd anyone??)

#8 9 years ago

Big Hurt and Judge Dredd were two of the top games on my want list when I got into buying machines (no, I never looked at top 100 lists or read the forum before that) I just remembered they were both a couple of the best playing games from that era. They were two of the first I bought and will be two of the last to leave.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I'm not over the novelty of mine yet (just got it a month ago), I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to sell or trade (Judge Dredd anyone??)

I might consider trading Dredd. I should have mine totally rebuilt in a week or so. I'm praying everything works as it should. I pretty much rebuilt or replaced every part in it so it should play like a dream. This is one of those "time will tell" situations.

#10 9 years ago

Odin, how do you like Dirt Harry? A guy has one local to me and is asking $2100. Do you think it's worth it?

#11 9 years ago

Dirty Harry kicks ass. Snag that thing.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dirty Harry kicks ass. Snag that thing.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info. I definitely looked cool but I never played it before.

#14 9 years ago

I know what you mean about time will tell.... I'm about to start big hurt in a couple weeks. Some of the ramps have rust on them and it needs some new coils n a good clean!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I know what you mean about time will tell.... I'm about to start Big Hurt in a couple weeks. Some of the ramps have rust on them and it needs some new coils n a good clean!

If you have a Dremel, buy the wire brush attachment and lightly dremel the rust off those hard to reach areas of the wire ramps. It works great although it's a bit tedious. I've tried the Evaporust soak and that works but not as well as the Dremel method. But just cover your clothes with plastic or you'll have little metal splinters that get stuck into your clothing and they are bitch to get out. Also , you'll end up getting metal splinters all over the house. I was pulling them out of my feet for a week after the first time I did it. Didn't go over to well with the wife.

#16 9 years ago

FWIW you can use Williams bats on Big Hurt. I know some like to keep it original but they work fine.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

you can use Williams bats on Big Hurt.

True, but the newer ones (80s and beyond) don't have a notch on the shaft for the set screws that Gottliebs used. So once you install them they can be a bitch to remove without cutting them out.

#18 9 years ago

Just the title of this thread deserves a thumbs up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-hurt-flipper-shaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.