• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9EC34661-9286-49DE-A5A3-13B853A73CD7 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamvette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello all. I’m working on my Gottlied Big Hit. When I got the machine the R relay was dismantled and the coil was missing. The H relay was dismantled and had wires connected together ect. The machine worked somewhat, but not completely. Game was stored for over 20 years. I bought two new relay coils and I “think” I have it soldered back correctly. When I power the machine on it resets all the score reels to zero and takes a credit off. The tilt light stays on and no game can be played. I checked all tilt slam switches and they appear to be in check. I have it set up on free play and you can toggle a new game. Not sure if I still have a H or R relay problem or there was another problem back in the day and that’s why they started taking them apart. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

#3 4 years ago

Thanks Howardr. It appears the AX relay works just fine. All contacts are adjusted/cleaned correctly.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Did you check all of your tilt/slam switches?

Yes.. I checked the door, head, playfield and bottom main board.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Then the Tilt Hold relay is activating?

Its running the score motor, but I don’t see it activating the H Tilt Hold relay.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Did you read the links I put in my post #2?

Hey Howard, So I'm still new and learning this EM stuff. So i apologize for my ignorance up front.
Grandbabys came over so i had to stop the pinball work. So are you saying run a jumper from the AX relay brown/white/red wire to the silver/white/red wire on the H relay?

#12 4 years ago

Howard is absolutely amazing! Explains things in terms even I can understand.

My next issue is some of my lights (all in pic) don’t work. Looks like they go through that dang H relay.

9EC34661-9286-49DE-A5A3-13B853A73CD7 (resized).jpeg9EC34661-9286-49DE-A5A3-13B853A73CD7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamvette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-hit-tilt-issue?tu=steamvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.