• Latest reply 3 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image 5 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

The highlighted Q relay contact should be normally open NOT closed as shown on the schematic. This has been confirmed by dgpinball

Image 5 (resized).pngImage 5 (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

Some day we'll gather all the schematic errors together.

#3 3 years ago

It would be really cool if there was central depository where schematics could be updated as errors were found.

#4 3 years ago

I agree - MarkG has found a few errors on Gottlieb motor sequence charts. Even a thread detailing and collecting schematic errors would be very useful.

#5 3 years ago

Seems like a good home for such info would be at pinwiki

#6 3 years ago

Either PinWiki or IPDB.
.................David Marston

#7 3 years ago

I think either could work. It looks like PinWiki has an agreement with Gottlieb LLC to post small sections of schematics and such. I don't know if IPDB does. PinWiki might have a slight advantage since it can support multiple editors while IPDB is more of a submission process.

What would a schematic error repository look like? Personally I'd like to see a small schematic snippet, an explanation of why it looks wrong, and a way for owners to confirm whether the error is just on the schematic or wired in the game too. All sorted logically (by manufacturer, title, date?) to make things easy to find.

For extra credit it might use a common format that could be used to gather mods that get demonstrated here occasionally (extra bonuses, resetting targets, add a ball conversions, etc.)

/Mark

#8 3 years ago

Hi pinsiders
I think pinside is the right place for "documentation of schematic errors". ipdb wants to show "originals" - (for copyright reasons not Gottlieb) original schematics. But see here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jubilee-start-up-relay-issue#post-5687191 - and as suggested there go to here https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jubilee-williams - scroll down a bit - see in the "Flyers" section I uploaded a "schematics put together from snippets" - we should ask pinside officials about "us uploading 'schematic errors' to the machines-documentation in pinside - we should (?) ask the pinside officials about changing the title from "Flyers" to "Flyers, schematics, schematic errors".

Well a big problem is "copyright problems with Gottlieb stuff" - do pinside officials want to run into copyright problems ? I stopped uploading (put together snippets to a) schematics in "Flyer section on pinside-documentation of machines" - I really should ask and learn about "what are we allowed to upload in pinside - and where to upload". Greetings Rolf

1 week later
#9 3 years ago

rolf_martin_062 that's a great idea to keep schematic updates in the Pinside game profile. Excellent idea to change title title "Flyers" to "Flyers, schematics, schematic errors" or maybe even just have a "Documentation" tab with appropriate sub headings. robin

3 months later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

I think pinside is the right place for "documentation of schematic errors". ipdb wants to show "originals"

Hi Rolf and everybody,

Please know that the IPDB describes user-submitted schematic errors, when we are notified.

We have many on the site, but the only ones that come to mind quickly are the Williams System 11 games. See the Notes in each of the three affected System 11 production games:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mpu=6&sortby=date&searchtype=advanced

In other instances, we have presented the corrections in our Files section, depending on the content being presented.

Thank you,

Jay
IPDB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
$ 12.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-hit-schematic-error?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.