6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briehl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TimC:

Another thing I should mention, when it started failing it would say finish ball 2, but when it kicked ball 3 the backboard would go off "2" but not light "3". I'd turn it off and on, start a new game and it would work fine. Then after this happening a few times, one time I started a game and it just started racking up points without even plunging. Turned the machine off and back on, and that's when it stopped resetting entirely.

That sounds like a playfield switch is making contact when it should not be.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TimC:

That's what I thought, but would that keep it from starting a new game?

I'm not sure why it would, but for now I would manually press the start relay and get it through its start sequence. Then when it starts scoring points, I would find which switches award that point increment and check them all to figure out which is stuck on. If that solves the start problem, then great.

If not, I would check the switches on your replay unit (assuming you have checked and confirmed that you have credits on the wheel) there are switches there that if they are not making contact it will not allow you to begin a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briehl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-brave-wont-start-anymore?tu=briehl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.