• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by DropTarget
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Hi All,

I'm going to look at a "baseball" next week. There seems to be a problem where when a homer is scored, the player remains on third base (star rollover tays lit). I don't have the game or schematic in front of me. I'm assuming that the cause is a switch that's gapped to closely.

Could someone point me to what relay and or what switch to look at?

Thank you.

#2 8 months ago

There are a few mechanical causes for a base to fail to clear including a magnetized armature on the base's interlock relay. More at:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-gotlieb-grand-slam-clearing-bases#post-4131021

/Mark

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from MarkG:

There are a few mechanical causes for a base to fail to clear including a magnetized armature on the base's interlock relay. More at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1972-gotlieb-grand-slam-clearing-bases#post-4131021

Thanks Mark

#4 8 months ago

Awesome thanks Mark!

My friend has a grand slam in my front hall closet I’m going to work on for him this winter and it has that issue. I also have “Baseball” I haven’t plugged in yet but will follow that procedure.

Both are great games I like the rollover version more than the scoop version cause the scoops feel like potholes for lining my shots.

1 week later
#5 8 months ago

Yup, was the interlock relay. The armatures needed to be cleaned.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winnipeg, MB
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!