Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
20210311_201436 (resized).jpg
20210311_200934 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 74 days ago

Working on a friends Bank Shot and suddenly the scoring motor keeps running. Scoring reels reset to zero and all the steppers seem to reset but the ball count stepper. It keeps trying to reset but once I pull the AX relay it will stop and you can play a game with normal scoring. But it will not show the ball count or count down. Also the 100,000 lights don't light up in the back box. I've cleaned and regapped the AX, CX and JX switches. What have I missed?

#2 74 days ago

Reply sent in private message

#3 73 days ago
Quoted from Budski:

It keeps trying to reset but once I pull the AX relay it will stop and you can play a game

If the AX Reset relay doesn't activate during game startup, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

pasted_image (resized).png
#4 72 days ago
Quoted from Budski:

But it will not show the ball count or count down. Also the 100,000 lights don't light up in the back box.

Looks like the Lightbox Advance unit for the 100K lites and the BCU for the ball count.

1 week later
#5 66 days ago

Finally got back over to my buddies house to try and track down the issue. I still have not found the gremlin yet. Still no lights for the ball count or the 100k thru 1000k lights. Also scoring motor keeps running and all the scoring reels reset. Is the wire missing on this stepper part of the issue? It appears there is a wire broken off so I ran a jumper from the ground screw to where the wire was attached but no difference.

20210311_200934 (resized).jpg20210311_201436 (resized).jpg
#6 65 days ago
Quoted from Budski:

It appears there is a wire broken off so I ran a jumper from the ground screw to where the wire was attached but no difference.

That was important, yes. Does that 'snowshoe' that you ran the wire to move easily and snap back nicely when gently pulled? And does it line up squarely on all the rivets as it goes around?

This is from Sure Shot, the replay version, but I think it should be pretty much the same. The switches that may be causing the score motor to run:

Capture (resized).PNG
#7 65 days ago

All are free and clean. I put a jumper on it and thought that would work with the jumper and it didn't make any difference. The wire on the shoe is intact. The wire on the female portion of that assembly looks to have has another wire soldered on it. I'll solder a wire back in place on the female sleeve.

Thanks

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside