• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
003 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perry1670.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Recently my Dodge City has started giving me some fits. When Playing a 1 player game, the game will advance to player 2 and continue going back and forth until the game is over. It doesn't do this when playing a 2, 3 or 4 player game. Everything advances normally.

I've been thinking about this for way to long and now I'm starting to confuse myself, so any thoughts are welcome.

002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the info, and how on earth does everyone get those spiffy, highlighted schematics anyway?

Aside from that: Jumped PB2 - No change, Jumped BX - Player Unit pulsed 5 times. I checked CC and DD, same 5 pulses of the Player Unit. That would mean the signal is getting through B relay and through the Jones plugs appropriately.

So if the pulses are making it through B then it would indicate that B is dropping out before it can send 4 pulses through.

#5 4 years ago

Do you know what I love the most about electronics? Intermittent problems.

Went down this morning and poof, no issues.

At any rate, I believe that you are right HowardR in that the B Relay dropping out is unlikely. So if/when this problem starts backup I"ll check the BX relay switches again as it would make sense that the switch for the Balls Played unit would be causing the problem.

In the meantime I'll mark it as solved. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider perry1670.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-balls-played-unit-advance-to-player-2-on-1-player-game?tu=perry1670 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.