• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220204_120804 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220204_123931 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Got a Totem that I have clearcoated. Now it is Time to repopulate the pf.

What to do with the ball wire guides? Gottlieb had fins on their Wire guides. I do not want to ruin my clear coat.

I did try to install a small rail on a hidden place. Small cracks emerged. And to make things worse; there are a pair of bigger guides that probably would chew up my pf IF i install them.

Is the best option to file the fins off?

IMG_20220204_123931 (resized).jpgIMG_20220204_123931 (resized).jpgIMG_20220204_120804 (resized).jpgIMG_20220204_120804 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

What I do is use a countersink bit to get a “V” hole at the surface. I use Kruzman’s clear kit to seal the edge down. You want the “V” just being enough for the fins so it gets below the art so you can send it. You don’t notice the v with the glue from his kit as it looks like clear.

I posted how I do this on some my threads.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

What I do is use a countersink bit to get a “V” hole at the surface. I use Kruzman’s clear kit to seal the edge down. You want the “V” just being enough for the fins so it gets below the art so you can send it. You don’t notice the v with the glue from his kit as it looks like clear.
I posted how I do this on some my threads.

Could you possibly let us know which thread you posted about counter sinking the "V"? I looked at your thread history and you have quite a lot of threads, thanks.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Could you possibly let us know which thread you posted about counter sinking the "V"? I looked at your thread history and you have quite a lot of threads, thanks.

Lol that’s the problem I have too. I don’t know where. I posted the procedure with pics a handful of times. I’ll see if I can find them.

#7 2 years ago

I ended Up counter sink the holes. Worked Good. No cracks. I Read in the joker poker thread om how you did it. I did not use any glue.

Your thread was a Good help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ball-wire-guides-in-clearcoated-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.