• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
3EB1A340-DE51-49D4-994E-F5FC7BF4C90C (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I was having problems with Song Along not getting the ball to the shooter lane. Steve at PBR said that has always been a problem with the mechanism from that era and suggested I try modifying the hole with a circular piece of steel per the Gottlieb recommendation. It did not work for me. He also said the worn out piece is not available.

The ball was hitting the apron and would be thrown back into the out hole. Regardless of how I bent the sensor switch, it was always hitting the apron, which made the game unplayable.

Here’s my fix: I put a hood over the kicker 1 1/16” from the inside edge of the skirt. The ball now hits the metal hood and rolls into the shooter lane. It’s not perfect, but works at least 95% of the time, at least for my machine. No guarantees for your machines, but at least it’s worth a shot. I’ve attached a pic showing the hood. The screw hole should be slotted so you can move it a bit to find your own sweet spot.

Hope this helps someone.

3EB1A340-DE51-49D4-994E-F5FC7BF4C90C (resized).jpeg3EB1A340-DE51-49D4-994E-F5FC7BF4C90C (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

There are a number of fixes, some better then others. Notice how your ball sits in the hole, next to the wood edge? Its probably not siting in the cradle. Another fix Ive had success with is using a bent blade in the red marked area to ensure the ball sits back in the cradle. the contact blade is anchored under the ramp screw

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

I had not tried the bent blade under the ramp. I did try forcing the ball back to the left as you look at the picture. That did not work for me.

Like you said, there are a number of fixes - I just wanted to throw this one out since it worked for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hedgesville, WV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ball-to-shooter-lane-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.