• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Make sure the motor switch that controls this function is clean and well adjusted. I have a TC that had the same exact issue (as do most Gottliebs). I did the switch blade fix, spring fix, everything, but cleaning and adjusting the score motor switch fixed it.

#6 8 years ago

Have to kind of laugh at this thread. Bally and Williams games never have this problem. Bad design by Gottlieb, just like decagon reels. They didn't always get it right.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's really only because the Gottliebs got played so much more of course.
(And really, there's nothing wrong with decagon reels - they get played to death; they rebuild and operate just fine.)

Riiiiiiight...

Decagons are the most over designed score reel ever. A pain in the butt to get adjusted correctly.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

The plunger and sleeve are clean. It's just that this game had so much white corrosion over almost every metal part it would have taken a long time to get all the staining out of the metal. I'll only sit there and polish a part so long till I've had enough. It's clean and smooth. That's what matters.
According to the manual, position 4C on the score motor pulses the O relay (return relay). I recleaned and adjusted the score motor switch closer but this made no difference. I recleaned and adjusted the O relay which seemed to have helped. It hasn't re-ocurred since then. Nonetheless, I think the mushrooming on the kicker arm is my real issue. I'm placing an order with PBR for some stuff and I'll inquire as to a price for one. If it's too much, I'll just wait for Allentown.
Oh, and I don't mind the decagon score units anymore. I even bought a couple clean used one's at the last Pinfest and stripped them for parts. Good stuff.
It seems that each of these manufacturers had their own pluses and minuses. Williams's ball return mechs are awesome because they slam the ball over to the shooter lane where Gottlieb's kinda just lolly gag over a hump. However, you have to remove the apron to service a Williams one where a Gottlieb you don't. "Six of one and half a dozen of the other".

True, but you never really have to service the Williams ball return mech. You can find the nastiest, dirtiest Williams game and that ball return will just keep on trucking. Almost every Gottlieb from the time they started the auto ball return suffered from this issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ball-return-replace?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.