(Topic ID: 89248)

Gottlieb Ball Return kicker, A-10945...

By DirtFlipper

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GtbKicker.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I've got a game that would benefit from replacing this particular style ball return kicker. They were used on early to mid-70's games, AFAIK (this is the kind with the double-braced ball cradle).

Thought I'd ask if anyone had a spare lying around they'd be willing to part with.

Thanks!
    GtbKicker.jpgGtbKicker.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Hey Dirt-
    You must have an original parts catalog huh? (red arrows). Wish I had one of those as well. I may look for a parts game/play field at Pinfest coming up in a few days.......BTW, you buddy contacted me about Blast Off (yes, it is for sale) Of course shipping to your neck of the woods adds $3-400.

#3 9 years ago

If nobody does, Steve Young has them. I bought one off him one time.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Hey Dirt-
    You must have an original parts catalog huh? (red arrows). Wish I had one of those as well. I may look for a parts game/play field at Pinfest coming up in a few days.......BTW, you buddy contacted me about Blast Off (yes, it is for sale) Of course shipping to your neck of the woods adds $3-400.

I do, yes (I think I have two of the '76, and several of the others dating back to the '50s).

Find me a second game out your way to dilute the shipping cost!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

If nobody does, Steve Young has them. I bought one off him one time.

Thanks - I thought I'd see if I could scrounge one before dipping into Steve's stock. That's the backup plan though.

#6 9 years ago

I bought mine from Steve Young.

#7 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll just go that route then. Recall how much they were?

#8 9 years ago

GTB-A10945 "ball reurn kicker asy" $15.19 before 10% discount $13.67 after discount.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

GTB-A10945 "ball reurn kicker asy" $15.19 before 10% discount $13.67 after discount.

Aw geez, that's a no-brainer then. I've got other parts to order tomorrow anyway, so this is too easy.

Thanks, all.

#10 9 years ago

Makes me remember that the kickers on my Space Mission are pretty weak.

Sometimes they are ok, but mostly weak.

I was thinking about replacing the coils, but maybe it's the mechanisms.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

Makes me remember that the kickers on my Space Mission are pretty weak.
    Sometimes they are ok, but mostly weak.
    I was thinking about replacing the coils, but maybe it's the mechanisms.

Make sure the score motor switch that is in the circuit is clean and adjusted. I've had a few ball return mechanisms that sprang back to life just be cleaning and adjusting the score motor switch. And on a Williams, they're easy to see, clean and adjust.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I've got a game that would benefit from replacing this particular style ball return kicker. They were used on early to mid-70's games, AFAIK (this is the kind with the double-braced ball cradle).
    Thought I'd ask if anyone had a spare lying around they'd be willing to part with.
    Thanks!

GtbKicker.jpg 132 KB

It's odd that the illustration in the parts book shows it assembled inverse to the actual part. If you flipped it over it wouldn't be correct either because it would be backward.

#13 9 years ago

yep, Steve still has these in stock. Sweetness.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ball-return-kicker-a-10945 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.