4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 72Devilz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I am wanting to touch up a couple Gottlieb backlasses that have worn and or flacked transparent filter blue for the displays, I have searched but have found no info on a recommended translucent blue that works well on backglass. In the past on one of my machines I removed the damaged filter blue and placed a blue plastic filter directly over the displays which worked well but I lost a significant amount of light from the displays. I don't necessarily have to match the blue filter color exactly as I will probably remove the affected blue with a utility blade and repaint all the filter blue with a mask. Has anybody found a translucent color that is a close match or a brand that replicates the qualities of the original blue filter color and adheres well to glass? I have been looking at Testors and Tamaya translucent model paint but that stuff is designed for polycarbonate not glass and I'd rather get some feedback from somebody who has successfully replaced the filter blue before I purchase and start doing some tests of my own before restoring the backglasses. Thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago

Bump'er

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-backglass-transparent-filter-blue-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.