7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Shannyman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2plyr_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about having a local furnace shop fabricate a couple of back box doors for me. Of course, the cost for them to make two for me is pretty steep. Would there be any interest in the community for extras if the price were right? I don't know anything about pricing, or how many of us need doors, or what people would be willing to pay, but I thought I'd just throw it out there. I was quoted 650 for 10 doors. I need two doors for Gottlieb two player games, but I would think that the four player doors would be about the same.

BTW, I am in the Detroit area about 15 minutes from VFW.

#2 7 years ago

Pacific Pinball Museum (in Alameda) was selling GTB 2 player back doors for $50 each at Pin A Go Go last month. You may want to contact them. Not sure what shipping would do to this but worth a try. 2plyr_(resized).jpg2plyr_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. Just had no idea of price for this sort of thing. Also, the guy I talked to said that they use 28 gauge which is thinner than the real thing. Not sure how much thinner that is than the actual door. Does anyone know what gauge the gottlieb doors are?

#4 7 years ago

I paid $30 plus $13 ship for a wedgehead door--repro--via ebay. I also bought a multiplayer but can't remember the price EDIT paid $30 for that as well--a 2 player door. I checked and the guy doesn't have any listed for sale right now. I can give you his ID if you want to message him.

#5 7 years ago

I had a guy down Southfield make a 4 player for me for about $10 about 5 years ago. Thinner gauge as well though.

#6 7 years ago

I had several (larger) 4-player doors made that fit Gottliebs with the over-the-top scoring--Jet Spin, Jungle Queen, Vulcan, et al. This is thicker-gauge material like the originals were with proper bends. Hole punched out already for lock.

Don't really want to ship, but pickup price is $55/ea. Can get exact measurements if needed. Located in SE Michigan.

#7 7 years ago

Hey sir Scott I need one for a Vulcan. I'm from northern Indiana si if your not to far from me I will take one

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-back-box-doors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.