• Latest reply 6 years ago by dr_nybble
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fashion-Show-Work-04 (resized).jpg
0Fashion-Show-Work-03 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Hi Sean
do You have the schematics. I show Fashion Show --- and here, Oklahoma https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1961-gottlieb-oklahoma-no-start#post-3754083 we see the same switches on same relays --- so I repeat @dr_nybble: "Jumper over everything to see ...".

The Score-Drums are BELOW (towards the transformer) these switches - not influenced by these switches --- but bumpers, flippers etc. are above and therefore influenced. Greetings Rolf

0Fashion-Show-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Fashion-Show-Work-03 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

Hi Sean
No - No - No ---please wait for next post to come. Greetings Rolf

#14 6 years ago

Hi Sean
I talk as we'd have an "Fashion Show" pin to troubleshoot (so look-up the colors of the wires in YOUR schematics).

Toggle-off the pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons). Look the wire running from transformer "HOT" - wire-color-red-yellow to 25-Volt-Fuse. Then wire-color-red-white runs away from the fuse into the pin. Then come the mentioned switches - then the connection runs further as wire-color-red-mingled-with-white. (Look in Your schematics --- look for a switch that is obviously on the playfield) I choose "Slingshot-Switch has such wire-color-red-mingled-with-white soldered-on".
I establish*** an permanent jumpering. Then I plug-in --- I am ready to immediately toggle-off the pin if something strange is happenning - toggle-on and start a game then I try the flipper bats and the bumpers - everything.

I assume: All connections withing the playfield are good --- so when I jumper from the fuse to "someplace on the playfield": Everything on the playfield works - works the same.

I establish*** an permanent jumpering: Better would be: Having a Jumper-Wire that has a SWITCH in the wire --- we could establish (pin is toggled-off and main power-cord is unplugged) the permanent Jumper with its switch OPEN - then plug-in, toggle-on, start a game --- THEN close the switch in the Jumper-Wire. Doing so we would be very close to "reality in a running pin".

The way I suggested it: Simple Jumper-Wire (with no switch) is good --- we must be ready to toggle-off when the pin does not like a permanent connection during reset as in a functioning pin the connection is cut --- so Your pin may act strange --- not resetting or other strange stuff happening ---
99.9% chance: We can do this test with a simple Jumper-Wire (with no switch) - and the pin does not act strange. Greetings Rolf

0Fashion-Show-Work-04 (resized).jpg0Fashion-Show-Work-04 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 12.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlas-plays-very-sluggish?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.