Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballbrian
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

When starting a game, the score reels on my GTB Atlantis does not reset at all. You don't hear the normal motor operation that you'd expect when the reels normally reset either, it's as if the game is skipping the score reel reset step of the startup sequence.

The reels work just fine otherwise during gameplay. It used to be a once in a while problem but is becoming more and more recurring.

Any help would be great, but I'm not up on EM repairs yet so please use small, easy to understand words.

#2 1 year ago

Time to do some reading.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#start

This link will take you to the start sequence section of the Pinrepair website.
It's a valuable, step by step, explanation of the start up sequence for EM Pinball machines.

Now, in order to help this particular problem, please provide a little more detail.

When you press the start button, does the motor run at all?

If it does run, does it run continuously?

One thing to check is the interlocking relay. My Atlantis had a problem starting the score reset sequence due to the interlocking relay (1st relay on the left bank of relays) not properly working. You may want to check this first to see if it pulling in properly.

Marcus

#3 1 year ago

No motor running at all

#4 1 year ago

Just to confirm...you press the replay button and the motor doesn't start?

#5 1 year ago

Correct. Everything else works, drops reset, ball 1 light turns on, score reel works during game play.

#6 1 year ago

Does the S relay operate when you press the replay button?

#7 1 year ago

Having same issue with my funland.motor does turn around to home position .game starts.first and second score reels work.100s 1000s dont.been going thru game cleaning , replacing switches ect.hope to figure it in next couple of days .long time consuming process.whats new right.will check back in day or so.if you fix problem.let me know.thanks guys.

#8 1 year ago

I took a look at the reset completed relay. There are two solenoids that seem to operate dependent on each other. It's hard to explain, but a bracket for one of the coils had come out of adjustment and prevented the other coil from actuating. Once I adjusted the bracket the reels have been resetting on restarts ever since.

#9 1 year ago

I'm having better luck also.will go thru score relays again and score reel switches.ive learned that a systematic approach was best so far.cleaning every switch and relay in game.found many soldier ghost behind relays.in between wiring ect.also resoldiered a lot of connections that seemed corroded .especially score motor .vaccumed in between every relay rebuild or switch cleaning , replacing.game is functioning excellent except for last two reels.100s and 1000s .will be replacing switches and freshening up soldier on reels and relays today.will post tommorrow my results.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Playfield - Protection
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside