4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

atlantis2 (resized).JPG
atlantis1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flamingo43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I am experiencing an intermittent problem on Gottlieb Altantis. Approx. once every 1-2 games, after scoring one of the 500 point rollovers switches (note: the numbered rollovers on the right or the rollovers up top - BUT NOT the rollovers that would advance the sequence, just the unlit ones), all scoring of any other 500 point non-sequence rollovers just stop. Also, oddly, the white drop down targets will not score either.

When this happens, it does not look like either of the C or D relays is stuck on. Activating any sequence rollover or blue drop target will seem to reset whatever the issue is and scoring resumes on all targets. Also, if I turn the motor wheel 1/3 revolution, this also seems to reset it.

Background info: Prior to this happening, I was working on a different issue, where the #1 sequence light was not activating upon game start. The problem was with the stepper unit, the contacts were not lining up correctly. I figured out how to align everything and solved that problem. I only mention it because of the timing and perhaps I made a mistake somehow and caused this?

Any thoughts where to start? I was going to start looking at the motor switches, but I don't really want to start messing with things without knowing what I'm doing!

Thanks for any help. I have a schematic and can try to digitize it to post if it will help.

#3 4 years ago

When the scoring problem happens, the C relay does not activate, the motor does not turn, the machine is completely silent. If I use a bamboo stick to activate the C relay manually, points score and we're back in business until it happens again.

I took a picture of the schematic - is this telling me that Motor 1C is a switch which is normally closed but might be dirty or out of alignment which is causing the inaction? If that is true, I can see in the second picture which group of switches is the 1 Group, but is there a way to isolate which switch is the problem?

Or am I totally off base? Thank you very much for your help.

atlantis1 (resized).JPGatlantis1 (resized).JPGatlantis2 (resized).JPGatlantis2 (resized).JPG
#5 4 years ago

I am happy to report that there were a couple switches at 1C which were both dirty and making weak contact. After a few adjustments and cleaning, I was able to play 6 games without an incident... so I am cautiously optimistic this is resolved and even if it isn't, I have a good idea now how to handle it. It's nice to be able to enjoy Atlantis again!

I appreciate your help, thanks for your time and helping me learn a few things!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flamingo43.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-rollover-scoring-issue?tu=Flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.