You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atlantis A Relay coil (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Hello to all!

I have an Atlantis that used to work very good until one day it developed the following behavior (see video) I will star a game, all the scores will reset back to zero but the clicking (from the match unit) and the score motor won't stop Any idea on what should I look for?

Many thanks!

~ja

#2 2 years ago

Check your zero switches on the score reels. Use a meter to verify. Do you have a schematic?

#3 2 years ago

Here's the startup sequence from page 2 of the Atlantis manual. How far is it getting?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 2 years ago

Hey Uncle J,

I've seen that one before on my Atlantis. Likely that the A relay is not unlatching. Check to see if it is mechanically hanging up or the reset coil is not getting signal.

Lee

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Check your zero switches on the score reels. Use a meter to verify. Do you have a schematic?

Thank you! I will start checking the position of these switches at the score reels, this machine has a background of faulty switches at the score reels.

Thank you!

~ja

1 year later
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

I've seen that one before on my Atlantis. Likely that the A relay is not unlatching. Check to see if it is mechanically hanging up or the reset coil is not getting signal.

I recently had the same issue as Uncle J: the score reels would reset but the F Relay kept going as did the score motor. I had a similar problem with another game and it was one of the score reels ZERO switch. But I checked all the score reels and they were making correct contact.

I came across this thread and saw Lee's post about the A Relay and remembered that I'd had a similar issue with Sure Shot Z relay sticking. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-sure-shot-bonus-count-issue-#post-6084166

I took the A Relay apart and noticed some black gunk on the top of the coil and the armature where it meets the coil. So I cleaned it up with alcohol and a green scrubby, flexstoned all the contacts on the switches and re-installed. It now works 100%!

Thanks for pointing this out, Lee!

Kinda weird that Gottlieb made 2200 Atlantis machines and three of them ended up within a half hour of each other in Maryland!

Atlantis A Relay coil (resized).jpgAtlantis A Relay coil (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.