You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.16.37 PM (resized).png
Atlantis (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hey guys!

So for the longest time I have an Atlantis that has been trouble-free (Gasp!) until a couple of days ago. weird things start happening, maybe you can help me decipher these oddities.

1. If you are familiar most of the switches score 500 pts. (except when they are lit) well, every 500-point switch is now awarding 3,500 pts. huh?

then...

2. The thousandth-score reel won't move when scoring. it will reset back to zero though. I checked the switch stages for 9, 0 and 1-8 from the hundredths and tenths score reels and these match their stages... (the ten thousandths score reel won't move because the thousandth reel is not moving when scoring)

3. Now... the machine won't start a game, when I press the button to start a game, all the score wheels reset to zero, the target bank resets and the only thing spinning continuously non-stop is the small match relay.. tic...tic... tic.. tic...

Sigh...

I really don't know what happened

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

~ja

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

every 500-point switch is now awarding 3,500 pts. huh?

Sounds like either the E/3000 point relay is firing too, or that a switch on the E/3000 point relay (in red below) is stuck closed letting pulses get through to the L/1000 point relay as the Score Motor turns to award 500 points.
Atlantis (resized).jpgAtlantis (resized).jpg

Quoted from uncle_jose:

2. The thousandth-score reel won't move when scoring. it will reset back to zero though. I checked the switch stages for 9, 0 and 1-8 from the hundredths and tenths score reels and these match their stages... (the ten thousandths score reel won't move because the thousandth reel is not moving when scoring)
3. Now... the machine won't start a game, when I press the button to start a game, all the score wheels reset to zero, the target bank resets and the only thing spinning continuously non-stop is the small match relay.. tic...tic... tic.. tic...

Adding points during gameplay and resetting to zero at the beginning are two different Score Reel circuits. Even though the 1000 point Score Reel resets to zero, it sounds like the A/Reset relay isn't firing because the switch in red on the 1000s Score Reel isn't closing (electrically, not just visually).

Since the A/Reset relay isn't firing, it's closing a switch (also in red) that keeps the Score Motor running. The F/Match relay is probably firing because the Score Motor is still turning and should stop once you've sorted out the rest.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Sounds like either the E/3000 point relay is firing too, or that a switch on the E/3000 point relay (in red below) is stuck closed letting pulses get through to the L/1000 point relay as the Score Motor turns to award 500 points.
[quoted image]

Adding points during gameplay and resetting to zero at the beginning are two different Score Reel circuits. Even though the 1000 point Score Reel resets to zero, it sounds like the A/Reset relay isn't firing because the switch in red on the 1000s Score Reel isn't closing (electrically, not just visually).
Since the A/Reset relay isn't firing, it's closing a switch (also in red) that keeps the Score Motor running. The F/Match relay is probably firing because the Score Motor is still turning and should stop once you've sorted out the rest.
/Mark

Hey Mark!

Thanks for your suggestions... I did check the gaps at the 3000 point relay and adjusted them accordingly, but I hit another wall, one of the contacts at the EOS at the 1000th score reel failed (photo below) I'll try to source this switch before moving forward.

Also, I was able to fix the start up sequence, one the 1000th reel switches was not making enough contact to stop the continuos loop.

Thanks for your tips! I'll come back (for sure) once I swap the EOS.

Best,

~ja

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.16.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.16.37 PM (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

Someone pointed me to this "updated" EOS, any experience using this (improved) version?

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1198&search=drum

2 weeks later
#5 3 years ago

Hi! Just a quick update, I was able to source the EOS switch. I installed, adjusted the 3k relay and the 1k relay and now the machine is working correctly! yay!

Thank you very much for your input!

Best,

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.