17028631903508968194215718141672 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231118_163302_resized (resized).jpg
ACD_Playfield (Before)_08 (resized).JPG
ACD_Playfield (Before)_13 (resized).JPG
Abra Plastic #A-15958 (resized).jpg
Atlantis Curved Plastic (resized).jpg
arch (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl_hungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 4 years ago

Just picked up my new Atlantis from a localish guy. Playfield in excellent condition barring cupping under the 3 insert (most noticeable there) and others.
Otherwise fantastic looking and playing. Glad I made the drive!

04734FAA-0F27-4FA2-8CAD-EC72E420149E (resized).jpeg04734FAA-0F27-4FA2-8CAD-EC72E420149E (resized).jpegC6526B5F-855F-41B7-BE68-E7F39B896572 (resized).jpegC6526B5F-855F-41B7-BE68-E7F39B896572 (resized).jpeg
#223 4 years ago

Thanks guys.

So I was wondering a few things if anyone could chime in.
Firstly, the middle target doesn’t light. I noticed the top and lower targets light to follow the three lanes above, but the middle doesn’t. How can I tell if it’s a bulb vs an electrical connection between the lane and the target?

My number 5 when lit doesn’t move to 6 when the ball rolls over it. Is there a fix for this?

I apologize if I’m being a bit slow but I’m still trying to figure out the shooting strategy.
It seems in general one is trying two accomplish two things, dropping banks of fish for 5k, and pursuing 1-9.
I thought the 1-9 was just via the two right lanes but it seems you can advance with the upper lanes and targets as well. Is there an overall shooting strategy or are you just trying for any variety of lit lanes and targets? I thought maybe I’d need to prime shots with some mixture of targets and upper lanes before going for the side lanes.

Thanks!

#226 4 years ago

Thanks for the helpful tips!
No luck so far with a new bulb but it does score properly when manually hitting the target. The alligator clips are a good idea thanks. How do you use that to test? Forgive my ignorance. Are you just adding a new connection to another light to test is the wiring is bad?

I got the number 5 working by bending one switch slightly in more. Great!

This is a super fun game. I thought it was too easy to advance the numbers with so many advance options, but its harder than you think. I may still be missing something substantial in the ruleset but I'm enjoying it a lot. Very "one more game" addictive.

is there a way to make the Special AAB instead of a credit? Obviously on freeplay its a little less rewarding. Again, maybe I'm missing something.

#228 4 years ago

Thanks pinhead52, the alligators are a good start to figuring this small issue out.
Also looks like I need to clean the score wheels as two are getting stuck. But no compliants, seems like these are just small things.

2 weeks later
#229 4 years ago

I'm seeing an issue with the Atlantis I got recently.
Hitting the lit middle standing target and lower target does not advance the number sequence, although there is scoring. Only the top standing target when lit advances the number. Also, dropping the entire bank of drop targets doesn't advance the number sequence either, but the scoring looks ok.

Does anyone have any suggestion on where to start looking?

thanks!

#232 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Forgive the noobie question as I'm only really proficient with flipper rebuilds and simple soldering. But is there a general rule/basic fix for out of sync stepper units? Am I physically moving something back into alignment, or is this something that requires component replacement to get itself back into sync?

#236 4 years ago

Assuming its the 1-9 stepper unit, which sounds like a good place to start thanks, is there a way to go about it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carl_hungus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-clubswim-right-in?tu=carl_hungus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.