Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Chippewa-Pin
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 139 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C6526B5F-855F-41B7-BE68-E7F39B896572 (resized).jpeg
04734FAA-0F27-4FA2-8CAD-EC72E420149E (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
20180420_101638_resized (resized).jpg
C89F7E7F-4519-4B54-B6FB-B458105261EB (resized).jpeg
IMG_4064 (resized).JPG
IMG_7152 (resized).JPG
IMG_7561 (resized).JPG
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_1066 (resized).jpg
combo (resized).jpg
combo (resized).jpg
20180225_183724 (resized).jpg
20180225_183733 (resized).jpg
20180225_184306 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

Nick Raschilla ( Green Lane,PA) restored mine with a Wade K playfield , Ron Webb backglass, new playfield parts and zero timed the mechs; it’s literally a new machine. What a blast to play! Man, he does great stuff.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Nick Raschilla ( Green Lane,PA) restored mine with a Wade K playfield , Ron Webb backglass, new playfield parts and zero timed the mechs; it’s literally a new machine. What a blast to play! Man, he does great stuff.

I bought the other Atlantis machine from Nick; it needs to be totally redone. I have a new playfield from Wade which I will install.

Nick has an incredable collection of very nicely restored machines, he is a perfectionist.

#153 1 year ago

What does "zero timed the mechs" mean and entail..?

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I bought the other Atlantis machine from Nick; it needs to be totally redone. I have a new playfield from Wade which I will install.
Nick has an incredable collection of very nicely restored machines, he is a perfectionist.

I've got a Wade Krause playfield as well. He does some excellent work. My back glass is in really nice shape but sadly I am going to have to re-paint the cabinet. I've got a nice stencil kit to help me along with that. So many machines to restore........but this one really is a genuine classic, and very much in demand, though I doubt I will ever sell mine.
Good luck with your resto!

#155 1 year ago

Looking for a project Atlantis,

#156 1 year ago

I hunted for several years to find a nice Atlantis. Center of my EM collection.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatbag:

I've got a Wade Krause playfield as well. He does some excellent work. My back glass is in really nice shape but sadly I am going to have to re-paint the cabinet. I've got a nice stencil kit to help me along with that. So many machines to restore........but this one really is a genuine classic, and very much in demand, though I doubt I will ever sell mine.
Good luck with your resto!

Where did you get your stencils? My cabinet has certainly seen better days.

#158 1 year ago

Would be nice to have you kit scanned, and share the large files with others so they can have it printed and make their own kits.

#159 1 year ago

Just saw this group. I'm not a member anymore, but I thought Atlantis fans might enjoy a good pickup story from a few years ago now...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-free-pinball-machine-yesterday-was-a-great-day

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Where did you get your stencils? My cabinet has certainly seen better days.

I got the stencils here:

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=1442

#161 1 year ago

I bought my stencils from This Old Pinball but would probably buy them today from the Pimp. Pimp does a great job with his stencils. I used them for my Captain Fantastic. When I botched painting the head, he did me right and split up a kit to sell me just top decals. Great vendor IMHO.

#162 1 year ago

I originally posted this story on RGP about 6 years ago. Seems like a decent time and place to repeat it.

This story is just too small of a world not to share with all of you.

First off, let me state that Gottlieb Atlantis is my desert island EM
game. And I live in the Kansas City area.

So I have my exceptional keeper Gottlieb Atlantis (I’d owned this game for 12 years) up for sale this summer because I found an even nicer example of the game. I’m asking a premium price and it’s been on Mr. Pinball for a couple of months and I get an email from a guy in Boston asking if it’s still available. I respond that it is and give him my phone number.

We get talking and it turns out this will be his first game. I ask why Atlantis and he explains of all the games he played he remembers it the most from the game room at the dorm from when he
was in college.

I respond that is where I got hooked on this game in the dorm game room as well at the University of Michigan.

There’s a short silence and then he asks “Which dorm?” I say South
Quad.

“When were you in the dorm?” I answer Fall of 1974 through Spring of

“Which floor did you live on?” I answer the top/8th floor.

“Which wing?” I answer the front wing facing the west.

“Which room?” I answer the second from the end.

It turns out I moved out of the dorm in the spring of 1977 and he
moved into the dorm in the fall of 1977. He moved into the same room I moved out of and we both got hooked on the same actual Atlantis game in the dorm game room.

By the way, he did buy my game.

#163 1 year ago

that’s wild

#164 1 year ago

Atlantis with an excellent original cabinet and Wade Krause playfield. Sing Along has one as well. Volley should get an upgrade. Waiting for STI

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

What does "zero timed the mechs" mean and entail..?

Nick literally restores / remanufactures the component parts of the game to play as if it was new , right out of the box..... like it has “ zero plays” on it. He takes every part , stepper, score motor light socket out of the game and makes them new again. He can repaint a cabinet just as they did 50 years ago using the same paint and methods. His playfield work is also top notch. If you are familiar with the HEP guy who works on modern pins, then he would be the equivalent of Nick with EM’s.

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I originally posted this story on RGP about 6 years ago. Seems like a decent time and place to repeat it.
This story is just too small of a world not to share with all of you.
First off, let me state that Gottlieb Atlantis is my desert island EM
game. And I live in the Kansas City area.
So I have my exceptional keeper Gottlieb Atlantis (I’d owned this game for 12 years) up for sale this summer because I found an even nicer example of the game. I’m asking a premium price and it’s been on Mr. Pinball for a couple of months and I get an email from a guy in Boston asking if it’s still available. I respond that it is and give him my phone number.
We get talking and it turns out this will be his first game. I ask why Atlantis and he explains of all the games he played he remembers it the most from the game room at the dorm from when he
was in college.
I respond that is where I got hooked on this game in the dorm game room as well at the University of Michigan.
There’s a short silence and then he asks “Which dorm?” I say South
Quad.
“When were you in the dorm?” I answer Fall of 1974 through Spring of
“Which floor did you live on?” I answer the top/8th floor.
“Which wing?” I answer the front wing facing the west.
“Which room?” I answer the second from the end.
It turns out I moved out of the dorm in the spring of 1977 and he
moved into the dorm in the fall of 1977. He moved into the same room I moved out of and we both got hooked on the same actual Atlantis game in the dorm game room.
By the way, he did buy my game.

Wow, small world!!

1 week later
#167 1 year ago

I have a separate restoration thread when I did my Atlantis two years ago, but thought I'd share some pics here too:

IMG_1062 (resized).jpg

IMG_1063 (resized).jpg

IMG_1064 (resized).jpg

IMG_1065 (resized).jpg

IMG_1066 (resized).jpg

IMG_1067 (resized).jpg

IMG_1068 (resized).jpg

IMG_1071 (resized).jpg

IMG_1072 (resized).jpg

IMG_1073 (resized).jpg

IMG_1070 (resized).jpg

IMG_1069 (resized).jpg

IMG_1076 (resized).jpg

IMG_1079 (resized).jpg

IMG_6592 (resized).jpg

IMG_1080 (resized).jpg

IMG_6593 (resized).jpg

IMG_6653 (resized).jpg

IMG_6654 (resized).jpg

IMG_6649 (resized).jpg

IMG_6657 (resized).jpg

IMG_6659 (resized).jpg

IMG_6660 (resized).jpg

IMG_6661 (resized).jpg

IMG_6658 (resized).jpg

IMG_6662 (resized).jpg

#168 1 year ago

Bring it to TPF, maybe you will win best 70's... sure does look nice

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Bring it to TPF, maybe you will win best 70's... sure does look nice

Thanks, Ken! Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year, but next year I'd love to come and also bring a game with me. My Quick Draw is in very good shape and I may bring that one!

2 weeks later
#170 1 year ago

I am hoping someone here can help me with a question. I have been fortunate enough to come across and purchase two Atlantis'. Both of my machines have a hole below the right lower plastic for a support pin (see attached photo showing an Atlantis playfield with the pin installed), however neither machine I own currently has that pin installed. Many photos of Atlantis also do not have this. It does seem logical that this pin should be there to assist with support as well as a bit of protection for the extended plastic. Does anyone have any information related to this? Does the pin have an an effect on game play?

Atlantis Post Highlight (resized).jpg

#171 1 year ago

Yes, helps stop the ball from rolling back and draining through the wire form when your trying to catch it to line up your next shot, that was the original intention of the design.

#172 1 year ago

Did you see the Atlantis on EBay for $8500.00 ?! Killin’ me Smalls!

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:

Did you see the Atlantis on EBay for $8500.00 ?! Killin’ me Smalls!

Guess he heard you. Price went up to $9000!

#174 1 year ago

You can have mine for 8.5!

#175 1 year ago

Does anyone know where they sell the 6" rubber ring that goes behind the drop targets? I know the Atlantis I have originally came from the factory with a 6" rubber ring behind the drop targets, but other threads have mentioned that a 5" or 5.5" rubber ring is the correct size. I'd still like to get some of the 6" rubber rings...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlantis-rubber-ring-placement-question

#176 1 year ago

The largest PBR sells is 5.5". Their list implies they had 6" at one time but no more.

If PBR doesn't have any the only way you will get any is if someone has some old stock sitting around. Maybe post in the Looking for EM Parts thread.

#177 1 year ago

Yeah, I've ordered a few rubber ring kits for Atlantis , but they always substitute a 5" ring for the 6" ring. Always thought the 5" ring was too tight of a fit. Right now I'm using two 3" rings behind the drop targets...

My instruction and score cards are getting faded. Are you, mikeo , still making repro instruction cards?

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Yeah, I've ordered a few rubber ring kits for Atlantis , but they always substitute a 5" ring for the 6" ring. Always thought the 5" ring was too tight of a fit. Right now I'm using two 3" rings behind the drop targets...
My instruction and score cards are getting faded. Are you, mikeo , still making repro instruction cards?

I haven't made repro cards in over a decade. Inkotchnito took up this effort a long time ago and he does have Atlantis cards.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Select Gottlieb on the left and navigate down to Atlantis. It will download a zip file usually with both PDF and Word versions. You will have to print and trim yourself.

Throw him a donation along the way. He is an asset to the pinball community.

#179 1 year ago

Here are cards as well but I coloured the Atlantis in the blue-green.

Atlantis_cards_RGB (resized).jpg

#180 1 year ago

Got mine from Marco about a week ago.

image (resized).jpeg

#181 1 year ago

Just got a set of new Atlantis rings from a Marco and it was missing the 7 small rings for the mini posts. Anyone else had that happen on an Atlantis order? I guess I’ll call them and see if they’ll make it right.

#182 1 year ago

I'm getting mine ready for some paint touch ups and matching the green color is going to be tough, the back area's that didn't see much sunlight are a yellowish green and as you move to the front it's dramatically lighter.

It's amazing how much the color changes.

20180225_184306 (resized).jpg

20180225_183733 (resized).jpg

20180225_183724 (resized).jpg

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I'm getting mine ready for some paint touch ups and matching the green color is going to be tough, the back area's that didn't see much sunlight are a yellowish green and as you move to the front it's dramatically lighter.
It's amazing how much the color changes.

I would not bother trying to touch up, just too tough IMHO. Either leave it original or paint the whole game.

Montana makes some pretty close color matches, my repaint on the bottom, an original on top

combo (resized).jpg

#184 1 year ago

I would leave it like that ckcsm,
That cabinet looks pretty good IMO and most would say that an imperfect original cab is better than a perfect repaint/touchup (Smithsonian restoration philosophy).

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

my repaint on the bottom, an original on top

Looks very nice, the main problem with mine is the front panel, so I just do that and leave the rest alone as the rest of it is not too bad.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

Looks very nice, the main problem with mine is the front panel, so I just do that and leave the rest alone as the rest of it is not too bad.

Tough call, if its bad bad repaint it all. Cant just paint 1 side

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Just got a set of new Atlantis rings from a Marco and it was missing the 7 small rings for the mini posts. Anyone else had that happen on an Atlantis order? I guess I’ll call them and see if they’ll make it right.

Called and they'll send the missing rings.

#188 1 year ago

I have a separate restoration thread when I did my Atlantis two years ago, but thought I'd share some pics here too:

HOLY CRAP I SOLD YOU THAT GAME! AND IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THIS! Incredible job!!!

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

HOLY CRAP I SOLD YOU THAT GAME! AND IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE THIS! Incredible job!!!

Thank you! It was months of work but I now have a gorgeous Atlantis!

3 weeks later
#190 1 year ago

I'm looking for one. PM me if you'd like to sell.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I'm looking for one. PM me if you'd like to sell.

There’s one for sale on CL right now in Austin.

#192 1 year ago

tempting, if somebody wants to get this and then have it restored/repainted I could set this up... Ive done 3 of these so far..., original on top, then my restore (of another game) on bottom

combo (resized).jpg

#193 1 year ago

I am looking for one of the latest PFs that were done. Thanks.

#194 1 year ago

You're the man! Thanks for the tip. I'm reaching out to him right now. Do you know this individual? Looks like a decent example with a bit of wear coming out of the bagatelle on the right.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

You're the man! Thanks for the tip. I'm reaching out to him right now. Do you know this individual? Looks like a decent example with a bit of wear coming out of the bagatelle on the right.

A friend of mine went and looked at it. Said it would clean up well but had a few issues. In the CL ad, it looked like it had the wrong flipper mechanism for that game on the left-flipper (so that needs to be replaced) and it looks like it's missing the total games played meter (not a huge deal, but makes me wonder if it's missing any other parts). Wrong bumper caps (and bodies? Hard to tell from the pics).

But the Atlantis I bought was a termite-infested mess and with a lot of work turned out to be a good player quality game (see pic below). So it just depends on what you're wanting to spend and what you'd want to put into it.

IMG_1066 (resized).jpg

#196 1 year ago

On my Atlantis, when all of the drop targets are down and the bank resets, the game scores 5000 points but my 5000 Light is not illuminating. The 5000 point light does work whenever a blue/white target combination is hit, which is correct, but I believe it is also supposed to light win the entire bank goes down and scores 5000 points. Is that right? In looking at the schematic it looks like the only things that control that light are a normally open switch on C and a normally open switch on D. So I’m having a hard time figuring out what enables it to work when I blue/white combination is hit, but not when all targets are knocked down.

#197 1 year ago

On my Atlantis, when all of the drop targets are down and the bank resets, the game scores 5000 points but my 5000 Light is not illuminating. The 5000 point light does work whenever a blue/white target combination is hit, which is correct, but I believe it is also supposed to light win the entire bank goes down and scores 5000 points. Is that right? In looking at the schematic it looks like the only things that control that light are a normally open switch on C and a normally open switch on D. So I’m having a hard time figuring out what enables it to work when I blue/white combination is hit, but not when all targets are knocked down.

The 5000 lamp you are talking about only lights when you hit a blue and white at the same time. Not when you get them all down.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The 5000 lamp you are talking about only lights when you hit a blue and white at the same time. Not when you get them all down.

OK thank you very much Mike!

1 week later
#199 1 year ago

I'm in baby! So pumped to pick up a decent copy of this deck. Going to start a restoration thread as well, but wanted to post a few for you guys/gals to see. She is DIRTY, but going to clean up very nicely. Now I just want to find an El Dorado EM and I'll be set!

IMG_0071 (resized).JPG

IMG_7561 (resized).JPG

IMG_7152 (resized).JPG

IMG_4064 (resized).JPG

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I'm in baby! So pumped to pick up a decent copy of this deck. Going to start a restoration thread as well, but wanted to post a few for you guys/gals to see. She is DIRTY, but going to clean up very nicely. Now I just want to find an El Dorado EM and I'll be set!

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I did an extensive restoration thread two years ago in case you need to reference anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
2,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Woodbury, MN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside