Playfield Aquaman (resized).JPG
Playfield Drop Target Values (resized).JPG
Playfield Bling Sling (resized).JPG
Playfield High Angle (resized).JPG
Exterior Front High (resized).JPG
Exterior Right Angle Low (resized).JPG
Exterior Right Angle Dynamic (resized).JPG
IMG_7274 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

You raise an interesting subject. Wade Krause’s repro doesn’t have a pilot hole for this deflector pin by the flippers. If I want to install it, I’ll have to drill the hole myself. Eek.
But I think I do want it, especially with all the thought that went into its inclusion. Atlantis is a hard game, and I think most of them that I’ve played were missing this pin.

It has been missing on all of the Atlantis' I have seen. I put it back on one of my Atlantis many years ago thinking I was making the game correct and it worked its way loose within a dozen games. I'd go without.

2 weeks later
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Well done. Excellent work.

This is new to me. I thought that the prices etched next to the coin slots were filled in but it never occurred to me that the logo on the coin door would be too. Was this standard?
Do you fill it in with a fine brush or use a PBR style paint stick?
/Mark

I use a PBR paint stick on original doors. You can cut it with either alcohol or lighter fluid to get any excess off of the surface around the logo. I use it on the 60's games pricing impressions.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't think I've ever seen signs of original paint on the front. Has anyone? I can see how some would flake off over time but I don't recall seeing any remnants.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if they came from the factory that way.

I'll have to inspect several of my games. I may even have an NOS coin door sitting around to compare to.

2 months later
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Started on the relays in alphabetical order. I’ve never worked on this kind of interlock before, so it puzzled me a little. I’m glad I took pictures before disassembly.
Sometimes you gotta break a couple eggs when you polish these, so I’ll probably be replacing all the yellow alphanumeric labels. I printed up a handful of sheets for this purpose and have enough for dozens more projects.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are you using for adhesive on the relay letter stickers? Or are the sheets self adhesive?

#98 3 years ago

The motor frame and rotor didn't look that good when new.

1 month later
#142 3 years ago

I suggest you predrill the post screw holes. Ken(Pinhead52) shared that tip with me when I did my Quick Draw playfield. No need to snap a screw off in the new playfield.

Unfortunately I don't recall the drill diameter he recommended.

#146 3 years ago

Tomato thrown.....for when the post is not snug unless you are over tensioning and that creates its own problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-3?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.