Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201017_093455 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4511 (resized).png
IMG_0376 (1) (resized).JPG
3634918376_5a540c4e28_z (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am "gathering weapons and ammo" for the dismantling of a ASTRO to do a repaint and overall redo. Unfortunately, the game was repainted in such a way as I cannot get a reference to the color of Red/Orange that is on it. I use Krylon for the "colors" because I've had such good luck with it. Can anyone recommend what color Krylon to use as I do not think that is "Banner Red" on there and I have been fooled by game photos in the past. Also as long as I'm here can anyone suggest "flat" or "Semi Gloss" for what I believe is Black for the second 'color?
Thank you in advance.
Weeze

3634918376_5a540c4e28_z (resized).jpg3634918376_5a540c4e28_z (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

I am "gathering weapons and ammo" for the dismantling of a ASTRO to do a repaint and overall redo. Unfortunately, the game was repainted in such a way as I cannot get a reference to the color of Red/Orange that is on it. I use Krylon for the "colors" because I've had such good luck with it. Can anyone recommend what color Krylon to use as I do not think that is "Banner Red" on there and I have been fooled by game photos in the past. Also as long as I'm here can anyone suggest "flat" or "Semi Gloss" for what I believe is Black for the second 'color?
Thank you in advance.
Weeze
[quoted image]

I believe I used allis chalmers orange when I did mine. Satin or semi gloss.

IMG_0376 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0376 (1) (resized).JPG
#3 3 years ago

Wow! Nice job there my friend! That looks like a real beauty.
I shall go looking for that particular paint brand.
Thanks for your response.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

Wow! Nice job there my friend! That looks like a real beauty.
I shall go looking for that particular paint brand.
Thanks for your response.

Thanks. I think I bought it at Tractor Supply.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks again!
Im looking for a upper and lower cabinet for a Gottlieb Wedge head if you happen to trip across one that can get to Florida at a reasonable cost.
Pittsfield, eh? Used to go over the mountain when I attended the Lenox School. A million years ago. Nice area where you are.
Best regards
Weeze
"Maya" hard at work !

thumbnail_IMG_4511 (resized).pngthumbnail_IMG_4511 (resized).png

#6 3 years ago

I have an "Astro" which appears to have an odd variation on the lightbox graphics.
Part of the pattern seems to be reversed. I would not have noticed this, but someone else brought it to my attention. Note the difference in the black parts. The orientation is reversed.

20201017_093455 (resized).jpg20201017_093455 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have an "Astro" which appears to have an odd variation on the lightbox graphics.
Part of the pattern seems to be reversed. I would not have noticed this, but someone else brought it to my attention. Note the difference in the black parts. The orientation is reversed.
[quoted image]

bad day at the factory, looks good

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

[quoted image]

How you doing Joe? Looks like the new guy at the factory flipped the stencil the wrong way!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

Thanks again!
Im looking for a upper and lower cabinet for a Gottlieb Wedge head if you happen to trip across one that can get to Florida at a reasonable cost.
Pittsfield, eh? Used to go over the mountain when I attended the Lenox School. A million years ago. Nice area where you are.
Best regards
Weeze
"Maya" hard at work !
[quoted image]

If by over the mountain you mean into New York, I did the same myself and weaved my way back many a night. Young and dumb. I was lucky.

Probably better to keep looking locally. Not sure even Fastenal would be worth shipping a stripped cab.

#10 3 years ago

I hauled beer and wine back to the prep school and sold it to my classmates. Shell's liquor store. made a good buck at it.
Yes we were indeed young once, 18, foolish and all.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from weeze:

I hauled beer and wine back to the prep school and sold it to my classmates. Shell's liquor store. made a good buck at it.
Yes we were indeed young once, 18, foolish and all.

Good times. Thank God it didn't kill us!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Holton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-astro-cabinet-colors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.